Maharishi is seeking a Senior Merchandiser to implement merchandising fundamentals and best practices in this new role. Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be working cross-functionally with Design, Buying, Production, Retail and Wholesale to drive the business forward, maximising financial and operational profitability whilst ensuring a balance of creativity and commerciality.
- Implement, manage and maintain merchandising fundamentals and best practices.
- Create and manage Line Flows and WSSI.
- Create, maintain and distribute weekly, quarterly, and seasonal executive merchandise summary reports. Providing key insights on the best/worst sellers to influence stock and trading decisions.
- Provide data-driven markdown proposals and strategies for Retail & eCommerce to achieve maximum profitability and achieve business goals and provide timely analysis of their results.
- Responsible for collection and product pricing architecture, working collaboratively with stakeholders to achieve maximum profitability and achieve business goals.
- Ownership of stock control, implementing replenishment and stock transfers between stores and departments to maximise product availability and profitability.
- Managing product lifecycles, ensuring maximum profitability of depreciating seasonal goods, including product clearance and write-off strategies to achieve business goals and maximise profitability.
- Development of product assortments and range plans, collaborating closely with stakeholders, allowing for the creation of directional yet commercial collections.
- Contribute to Retail & eCommerce buying strategy to achieve maximum profitability and business goals, ensuring a balance of creativity and commerciality.
- Provide data-driven insights on new product areas and categories. Identifying trends and opportunities for growth and highlighting potential risks to Stakeholders.
- 3-5 years of merchandising experience.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with a forward-thinking nature.
- Highly numerate and analytical with excellent attention to detail.
- Awareness of general fashion trends and how they relate to the Maharishi demographic.
- Positive attitude with the willingness to make real change in a growing organisation.
- Highly proficient in Excel / Google Sheets.
- Proficiency with NetSuite, Glew, Brightpearl and Zedonk is not essential, but preferred.