The Designer, Store Interiors & Library is responsible for managing and assisting the store design process from design concept to store opening. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining the brand image for projects for the local and the international markets. Additionally, you will work closely with the Director of Store Interiors defining furniture, fabrics, lighting, and materials. You will be responsible for project finish schedules, specifications, and meeting budgets and project timelines. Design
- Develop and present initial concept design, mood boards and collaborate with the Project Architect during store layouts for each region.
- Maintain communication with international distributors and cross functional departments (ex) Creative Visual Merchandising, Marketing, & Procurement teams.
- Research relevant interior trends in both the retail and residential fields to constantly referencing to the rich heritage database.
- Responsible for specifications and production of assigned domestic and international finishes. This includes but is not limited to all interior custom carpets, furnishing, fabrics, and wallcovering (FF&E schedules).
- Review furniture, lighting, shop drawings for design compliance and review all sample submittals.
- Partner with project architect to create presentations with accompanying materials for senior management.
- Ability to draw custom furniture, design elevations, patterns, carpets and floor plans to scale in Autocad.
- Lead and mentor junior team members.
- Initiate market research for additional vendors to source new and existing interior design products. This includes cost reduction initiatives, improving production capabilities, customization, sample development and vendor compliance with durability requirements.
- Create a positive, innovative, and collaborative culture of designers.
- Provide guidance and direction to ensure engagement and hold individuals accountable for achieving results.
- Ensure the alignment of individual goals with overall business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or related field.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience
- Experience in luxury high-end interiors residential or retail
- Knowledge of units and measure to communicate site specific requirements and dimensions
- 2D and 3D software skills
- Proficient in Autocad with the ability to produce plans and elevations to scale and draw custom furniture.
- In Design / Power Point
- Travel required
- Microsoft Office
- Photoshop / illustrator
- Hand sketching
- Fohlio Specification Program
The hiring range for this position ranges from $97,665 - $132,135. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience.