Production and Product Development Assistant for women’s luxury designer label that encompasses RTW & resort wear.
Position responsibilities include:
- Work directly with the owner in overseeing the development of all collections from initial concept to final samples.
- Communicating daily with factories, fabric mills, and trim suppliers to ensure all aspects of production and development are on schedule.
- Assist with estimating, negotiating, and finalizing costs (post-commitment); ensuring factories are using negotiated fabric prices, agreed delivery dates, and that the garment cost sheet information is accurate, i.e. yield/consumption etc; and renegotiating or re-sourcing as necessary.
- Conducting regular visits to review production run samples and audit Quality Control.
- Assisting in the design & research of future collections
- Organizing all cutting tickets per season.
The Ideal Candidate:
Production and product development experience with luxury women’s apparel is mandatory. The company is in an accelerated growth state. Production staff works closely with retail, commercial, logistics, and design. This position is for someone highly organized, hard-working, meticulously detail oriented and who possesses the below:
- Bachelor Degree
- 1 to 2 years experience in a similar position with domestic manufacturing as a focus.
- Experience with design, sourcing and product development with both domestic and international vendors.
- Strong technical understanding of all aspects of garment manufacturing.
- Ability to creatively problem solve and think innovatively.
- Strong communication and team building skills.
- Project management skills and is comfortable handling shifting priorities / pressured deadlines in order to execute production goals, adhere to strict calendar and margin expectations.
- MAC based computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Suite, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of Apparel Magic, Shopify is a plus.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds for picking up samples, moving fabrics and trims.
- Must be able to stay on the go. This is not a stationary job.