As the Sales Director of the Wholesale Department representing the Americas, this individual will play a key role in supporting the company’s revenue goals and or projections and growth strategies by closely partnering with key wholesale accounts in the region, regional sales teams and key functional teams (CSR, Logistics and Warehouse, Marketing, and other key relevant departments) within the company.
This role will work closely with VP of Sales, cross-functional and regional sales team to help make recommendations on a wide range of wholesale strategic initiatives, while bringing valuable insights as well as support in leading and mentoring the regional sales team. The Sales Director will be leading and growing key accounts in the region while also aid in seeking new opportunities within the wholesale department to achieve the company’s growth strategies and expectations. This role will also require the ability to develop and execute effective sales strategies and tactics to grow the wholesale customer base.
The ideal candidate will be able to independently translate high level guidance into detailed deliverables. Good interpersonal skills and executive presence are a must.
The employee is responsible for, but not limited to
- Key driver and handles major wholesale accounts in the Americas while identifying new business opportunities within the assigned regions
- Builds and manages aspects of a sales department inclusive of management, account management and business analytics.
- Act as an ambassador for the brand and supports in implementing strategies and plans to aid in delivering sales growth annually.
- Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from competitors
- Manages and evaluates customers needs and build relationships by offering superior customer service, sales and product knowledge
- Supports VP of Sales in providing strategic direction to clients and feed into certain aspects of business direction alongside the Directors and Account Executives
- Supports and collaborates with Directors and Account Executives in growth opportunities and to help ensure accountability for monthly sales targets
- Develops annual business plan in conjunction with VP of Sales, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the sales team ion meeting or exceeding sales expectations / quotas Supports in reporting and forecasting in partnership with finance and strategic planning team
- Key component of this role is to help VP of sales manage, support and mentor direct reports which includes monitoring KPIs and productivity of sales team
- Help recruit, interview, hire, train and guide regional sales team, while communicating with sales team all relevant market updates.
- Collaborates with marketing regarding business specifics and helps in identifying strategies and opportunities in the region
- Supports in planning customer retention and customer recruitment strategies that helps increase wholesale revenue
- Spends a portion of time in the field servicing key / major accounts Participates in trade shows, sales workshops, sales seminars, key account head offices and events on behalf of the business
- Supports in providing sales insights (competition, pricing, go-to-market strategies and initiatives) Coordinates and helps facilitate communication with strategic partners, consultants and distributors as required.
- Maintains professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments
- 5-7+ years of experience in a senior leadership role within the retail industry
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, MBA is preferred
- Strong understanding of Customers and market dynamics and requirements in within the retail industry.
- Knowledge in the footwear / apparel industry is a plus.
- Willingness to travel and ability to work with a global team of professionals and global settings.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas
- Ability to collaborate, influence ad negotiate with stakeholders at various levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work to tight deadlines Ability to supervise and motivate others
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 especially in excel, outlook, powerpoint.
- Knowledge in retail math is required