The Store Manager at Air Mail's NYC West Village location plays a critical role in overseeing the store's operations and team in a luxury retail setting. This full-time position is suited for an individual with at least three years of experience in luxury retail, including a minimum of one year in a direct management role. The ideal candidate should possess an entrepreneurial spirit, excel in a rapidly changing retail landscape, and have a keen ability to analyze sales trends and opportunities. Responsibilities include embodying and conveying the brand's ethos, maintaining high visual and service standards in the store, and enhancing customer service to ensure an exceptional experience. The role also involves leading sales efforts, managing stock levels, minimizing stock loss, and working with the Stour Team Director to set and meet sales targets. Additionally, the Store Manager must stay abreast of market trends, oversee sales performance, and actively drive subscription services.
In terms of team management, the Store Manager is responsible for comprehensive scheduling, handling online and in-store orders, managing inventory, and overseeing the shipping process to ensure accuracy and efficiency. This role demands regular performance reviews of the team, setting clear objectives, recognizing achievements, and providing constructive feedback. The Manager is also tasked with consistently training and developing the team to foster a hardworking and customer-centric work environment. Adherence to company policies and addressing any violations are also key responsibilities. This position offers a unique opportunity to influence the success and customer experience at Air Mail's esteemed West Village location.
As the Store Manager at Air Mail West Village, your role will encompass a range of responsibilities aimed at achieving our brand's mission and goals.
- Exhibit and convey a genuine passion and pride for our brand.
- Embody the brand's image for both customers and the store team, demonstrating a profound understanding of our brand DNA.
- Set an example through your behavior, reflecting Air Mail's values and the business objectives we aim to achieve.
General Store Visuals / Client Management:
- Implement and uphold all visual guidelines.
- Ensure that store standards consistently reflect our elevated brand image.
- Enhance customer service standards to guarantee outstanding service is consistently provided to all guests and clients.
- Maintain standards for the quality of selling, customer service, and post-sales service.
- Lead by example in terms of personal presentation standards consistent with brand requirements.
Sales / Business Monitoring:
- Lead, inspire, and empower the team to increase sales and operational efficiency.
- Manage boutique stock levels to meet sales targets.
- Minimize stock loss through regular cycle counts and bi-annual inventories.
- Collaborate with both the Stour Managing Director and Stour Director of Operations to establish sales and measurable targets for the team.
- Monitor and communicate market trends in the retail industry to develop effective strategies for the store and brand.
- Supervise sales performance, analyze results, and forecast trends, proposing action plans to enhance sales.
- Drive in-store Air Mail subscriptions.
Team Management / Back of House Operations:
- Co-manage employee scheduling to ensure comprehensive coverage.
- Manage orders coming in through Airmail.news, ensuring orders are prepared for shipment.
- Oversee the receiving of new inventory and enter relevant data into Shopify.
- Train staff on receiving and shipping protocols.
- Ensure that the shipping process is executed correctly, with items prepared accurately for outgoing shipments.
- Maintain communication with Stour's head of operations and scheduling to ensure smooth operations.
- Schedule regular group and individual monthly reviews with the team, setting clear objectives, recognizing achievements, and providing performance feedback.
- Consistently coach, train, and develop the sales team to cultivate a hard-working and customer-centric atmosphere.
- Conduct shadowing sessions with new store employees to ensure they meet company standards.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all brands and products in the store.
- Train new employees on brand products and information.
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are adhered to and address violations clearly.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a luxury retail environment, with at least 1 year of direct management experience.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to excel in a rapidly changing retail landscape.
- Proficiency in analyzing sales reports to identify business trends and opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience in fostering positive customer interactions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as exceptional interpersonal abilities.
- A passion for inspiring and guiding a team with integrity and professionalism.
- Flexibility to work a retail schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Familiarity with Shopify or a similar POS system is a plus.
- College degree preferred.
- Local market knowledge is advantageous.
Benefits: Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision, Paid time off, Alternating weekends.
Founded by former longtime Vanity Fair editor Graydon Carter, AIR MAIL is a New York-based digital media company that serves the world’s most sophisticated readers and consumers. Consisting of its flagship weekly newsletter, a monthly beauty-and-wellness title, a curated digital storefront, and a travel-and-culture search engine, AIR MAIL brings its readers the best of the news from here and abroad. With newsstands in London and Milan, and a store coming to New York in 2024, AIR MAIL is international in scope and sensibility, covering politics, the arts, society, and culture around the world with its trademark gimlet eye. The Evening Standard calls AIR MAIL “an intoxicating mix of scandal and intrigue, laced with glamor and power, with a whiff of sensuality and sex, delivered by top writers and photographers at the height of their game.”
Air Mail is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, pregnancy-related conditions, and lactation), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Air Mail's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and general treatment during employment.