About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
Assists in the leadership, development and implementation of inventory business initiatives across the organization. Identifies and recommends on-going opportunities for improvement and changes across departments. Responsible for coordinating the financial close process and for managing outside auditor queries regarding inventory transactions and reconciliations.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Thorough understanding of corporate inventory systems and their impact to the General Ledger.
- Consults with Brand / GapTech business partners to ensure new business initiatives / systems correctly update the inventory stock ledger and maintain a strong internal control environment
- Supports the fiscal closing process in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare month-end journal entries, complex balance sheet reconciliations and comprehensive supporting schedules
- Supports/Manages several accrual processes and inventory reserves to ensure the financial integrity of internally and externally reported inventory valuation.
- Provides ad hoc analysis and presents conclusions and recommendations to senior management
- Ensure compliance with internal controls (SOX) and proper documentation of processes
- Support external audit requests as required including providing quarterly PBCs
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial statements including balance sheets and general ledgers, Sarbanes Oxley compliance, and the entire financial close process
- High level of individual accountability and the ability to influence others while maintaining key relationships in the business
- High level of emotional intelligence and be able to work under strict deadlines
- Savvy in entire MS Office Suite; strong Excel skills are needed to manage large amounts of data
- Anticipate operational/program issues and develops preventative measures
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.