Nanushka is looking for a talented Womenswear Designer to join our Budapest team.
We’re Budapest-based with a global outlook, with teams in London, New York, Milan, and Shanghai. The Womenswear Designer role is an exceptional opportunity to be part of an important time in Nanushka’s story. The ideal candidate will have a detail-oriented mind and a can-do attitude.
Nanushka is one of the leading brands in the sustainable luxury segment - we know that selling more is never sustainable, but we empower our people to work towards a more sustainable future with us.
This position directly supports the Senior Womenswear Designer across the design phases. Womenswear RTW Woven is one of the core divisions of our business, with high potential for further growth, therefore we are looking for a dedicated team member who sees this position as part of a long- term career path with Nanushka.
The ideal candidate should be based in / willing to relocate to Budapest.
● Execution of Womenswear-specific product design and development that closely adhere to the brand's vision and direction, under the supervision of the Senior Womenswear Designer.
● Supporting the Senior Womenswear Designer across all stages of the design process, and overseeing and delegating suitable project-specific tasks to the Junior Designers, Design Assistants and Interns.
● Conduct research, vintage shopping and competitive benchmark analysis.
● Development and presentation of seasonal concepts to Design Lead based on inspirational briefs.
● Create sketches, illustrations, and technical drawings for designated categories.
● Create briefs for textiles, trim and hardware research for product development in collaboration with the Senior Designer and Creative Director.
● Responsible for the creation of launch packs for selected designs, and continuously following up on developments throughout each season.
● Participate in fittings and display a high level of confidence and technical knowledge of RTW fit, construction, materials and special techniques.
● Adhere to design calendar deadlines and timelines; ensuring all designs are completed accurately with the ability to work on multiple seasons and special projects simultaneously.
● Ensure design integrity and high-quality execution throughout the entire development process from concept to final samples.
● Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the rest of the Design team to ensure collections' coherence and achieve consistency in product.
● Collaborate with cross-departmental functions, such as Fabric and Trim Development, Product Development, Atelier, Merchandising, Wholesale and Marketing teams.
● Degree in Fashion Design and 3-4 years of experience in a similar position in the luxury fashion industry.
● Exceptional taste and creativity levels, understanding of Nanushka and the luxury fashion environment.
● Ability to adapt to and deliver results in a frequently changing environment under high pressure.
● Proactive problem solver, a strong team player but also able to work independently.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships within the team and with cross-functional teams.
● Comfortable working additional hours to perform duties, including weekends and travel when necessary.
● Strong work ethic, sense of responsibility and ownership with a ‘hands-on’ attitude.ű
● Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
● In-depth knowledge of sustainable design and materials.
What we offer:
● Laptop & company mobile phone
● A young and forward-thinking team with a cool office in the 5th district (Bank Center) of Budapest
● The possibility to learn, develop yourself, and be part of the growth story of Nanushka
● Open-minded colleagues and management who are interested in hearing your ideas and suggestions
● A purpose-driven business with a focus on sustainability in all aspects of our business
NANUSHKA is an equal opportunities employer, we encourage people with a diverse range of
backgrounds to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.