Whether you're looking to jump start your career or gain first hands-on experience in a new field, an internship at On offers you a unique growth experience, the chance to make an impact from day 1 and contribute to On's growth journey. We are looking for fresh ideas, curious minds and passionate individuals ready to make a difference. Our internships generally last 6 months and you will be fully embedded in a team.
- Start date: April 1st, 2024
- Duration: 6 months
- Prerequisite: Interest in area relevant to the internship, passion for On, right to work in EU / Switzerland
- Note: This is a paid internship
- Working within the Material Science Innovation team to gain understanding of mechanical engineering and material science processes
- Supporting the material science team in understanding how Cloudtec influence the mechanical behaviour and durability of soft foams
- Learn how to interpret and communicate results to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in the development of materials that will improve the comfort and performance of On's footwear in partnership with European and Asian partners.
- Be in charge of the mechanical analysis on material to make sure materials reach our quality standard
- Gain insights into how we create and manage new and existing collaborations with leading partners and suppliers in specific technologies such as material vendors and research institutes to successfully implement technologies into production.
- Collaborate closely with the Sport Science, Makers and Innovation teams
- Master of Science in Mechanical engineering / Material engineering / Physics or similar
- Know how in mechanical characterisation such as uniaxial compression, uniaxial tensile, dynamic impact and DMA- Passion for sports and running
- Ability to run independent work
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Forward thinker
- Proactive problem solver
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Ability to report and communicate data results and findings
- Basic knowledge of data science
Meet The Team
On's Innovation team is responsible for On's future innovation, out-of-the-box thinking and the outstanding athlete-informed technology that differentiates On footwear from all other footwear product in the market. By joining the On Innovation Team, you will have the opportunity to be part of an agile and interdisciplinary team of experts in the areas of engineering and sports science.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.