INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
What you'll be doing
Our Director in beauty distribution for all the brands is responsible for designing and implementing the strategy, goals and objectives, setting budgets and commercial targets of their brand(s) in alignment with the Vice President's strategic direction for the short and long term.
In addition, our in driving the development of their brand(s), predominately in its growth through new projects, whilst also reviewing and supporting the management of the current operational growth of retail/wholesale, commercially and financially.
- Be responsible for the P&L of the distribution business- Revenue, OP% and cash
- Develop the business plan of the brand(s) in line with the strategic direction of the vertical and seek the buy-in of the Vice President
- Agree on portfolio's commercial KPIs for the year with Vice President and cascade to team accordingly; continuously monitor progress and development towards strategic objectives
- Participate in strategic meetings with suppliers, marketing, merchandising and regional teams to negotiate commercial conditions (margin, animations, exclusivity...
- Drive setup of distribution channels within of beauty categories
- Maintain CXO relationships within the channel categories and drive the strategic growth ambition
- Identify strategic channels- Relevant independent retail and Operators
- Manage a team of brand managers and field sales officers to drive growth in the distribution channels
- Work closely with the brand in terms of driving return in spend for Channel marketing initiatives. Be accountable for a MDF % with regards to channel development
- Work closely with key functions- Logistics, supply chain and finance team to ensure efficient channel management
- Align with marketing and communications on how we can work together with partners to establish launch events and 6- and 12-month retail marketing plans to help partners drive traffic and eventually sales
- Measure and evaluate support processes and drive continuous process improvement to help partners succeed
- Measure and evaluate sales teams performance and drive for success
- Be responsible for a monthly revenue target and complete management of Sell-in and sell-out of the products
- Complete management of contractual relationship, negotiation and gross margin management with resellers
- Develop promotional campaigns and have a 6-month active calendar of channel-wise promotions
What you'll need to succeed
A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years in a similar role
Retail/merchandising experience is strongly preferred
Experience in identifying, pursuing and capturing new business opportunities
Experience in financial management, negotiating and agreeing to contracts
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department RETAIL & DISTRIBUTION