INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
At Chalhoub, creativity is a team effort! Working as a Retail Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that Store Directors/Managers maximise the commercial performance of their retail shops and deliver exceptional Guest Experience. You will also be responsible for establishing a bridge between back-office and their network of stores which they control/audit on a continuous basis and implement corrective solutions and actions.
- Set up targets by segments of key customers per store (development of average and total value of purchase, increase of product mix) to Area Sales Managers and monitor performance vs. targets
- Ensure that annual and monthly sales targets per store are properly distributed to Area Sales Managers and communicated on time
- Approve action plan to improve store top line and gross margin proposed by Area Sales Managers
- Propose KPIs to be added to overall Retail's menu of manageable and simple drivers for store staff line targets
- Approve exceptional commercial discounts to customers as per thresholds, in specific cases
- Propose topline and margin targets for budget of existing stores
- Ensure that store topline developed during budget are accurate, achievable, challenging and meet management's requests
- Contribute to sell thru and gross margin assumptions for purchase budget by providing accurate data per store
- Provide accurate assumptions regarding monthly seasonality of turnover per store
- Ensure that new store topline targets developed during IRR are accurate, achievable, challenging and meet management's requests
- Monitor results of first 6 months of operations for new stores by building-up monthly target setting and assessment with Area Sales Managers
- Propose remedial plan before store closure and phasing out plan during closure
- Approve remedial plan for underperforming stores
- Monitor that store operations are executed as per the Group's guidelines
- Monitor Shop Expenses to not exceed the budget
- Ensure new product launches or new season collections are properly explained to Area Sales Managers
- Organize Pre-Buying and Post-Buying sessions with buying team (e.g. calendar, mobilization of local teams) and participate to sessions in the countries
- Monitor that stock discrepancies and other variances in stores are kept at a minimum
- Validate commission schemes for Store Managers
- Act as a coordinator between store network and back-office for smooth execution of activities
- Ensure smooth coordination with Buying Team (e.g. Pre-Buying, Buying, Post-Buying, Product launches)
- Provide data and comments to Regional Marketing Team on marketing plan during preparation (e.g. promotions, in-store activities)
- Assign individual objectives for employee performance management purposes, manage performance, empower team, and provide formal and informal feedback in order to support professional development and maximize performance
- Ensure identification and proper development and recognition of Talents within team
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor Degree
- Experience in Leading Retail Stores or B2B within Luxury, in the Middle east.
- Access to travel across KSA
- Experience in leading sizeable teams
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department RETAIL & DISTRIBUTION Role Retail Manager