The Senior Art Director sits within our in-house creative and visual team and is responsible for concept generation, developing strategy and visual solutions and seeing the design process through from conception to execution.
Working with the MCD they will report to the CEO and Creative Director for final sign-off at key project stages but will be expected to run projects autonomously. The role includes brand strategy, identity, packaging development, campaign development and roll out across all communication touchpoints (digital platforms, print, POS and experiential).
The Senior Art Director will play an intrinsic role in the ideation of concepts, experiences and assets while being hands-on in creative development, art direction and execution of content across all channels. They will be an integrated thinker and a digital native, with an experience in the delivery of digital campaigns together with exceptional conceptual abilities and an acute understanding of design methodologies and process. The role requires a collegial and diplomatic nature that builds strong relationships.
The Senior Art Director will work across multiple projects simultaneously and is expected to endorse and advocate for initiatives that will enhance our brand image and advocate the Nanushka standards ensuring meticulous detail, quality and consistency are observed across all channels. Working closely with the MCD and Project Managers, they will ensure projects delivered in a timely manner and within budget.
Role responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Conceives ideas, concepts, develops final designs, produces, works with others and coordinates in the creation of multifaceted communication materials in print, packaging, digital and other mediums.
- Develop an impeccable brand, product and editorial content and experiences ensuring it meets KPI’s
- Manages projects from pre through to post production, finished art and delivery working with producers and project managers.
- Works with project managers and team members to provide professional recommendations for concept design, art direction, production, print buying, and monitors quality control.
- Honour our aesthetic heritage while driving innovation across projects and campaigns.
- Creates with the team and develops media using digital art and photographic techniques.
- Oversees approvals and quality control.
- Supervises, trains, and directs the work of senior - mid weight designers.
- Encourage collaboration, ownership and continued learning and development; inspiring the continued quality of expression of the Nanushka
- File preparation and management - ensure all work is filed and easily accessible as archives when required
- Templates and Guidelines: Assist in the creation of digital templates, guidelines and specification documents, recommending enhancements and efficiencies
- Work closely with UX and Front-end Development to enhance Nanushka.com e-commerce experience, focusing on mobile and responsive design, with future module and template creation.
- Proven experience in a senior creative role
- Bachelors or masters design in art, design, communication, or a related field
- Must have experience working on fashion and luxury brands
- Strong creative and strategic awareness: creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense, understanding of the commercial objectives Adobe creative suite
- Confidence, to present and explain ideas to senior department heads and colleagues
- Excellent eye for detail
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Pro-active and motivated
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Awareness of the competitive business environment in which they work A matter-of-fact approach when ideas or designs are rejected
- A strong interest in various cultural and art forms
- Prior experience of managing senior – mid weight designers
- Strong graphic design skills: understanding of and experience in branding, layout, colour theory and typography in both print and digital media
- Strong knowledge of who we can creatively partner with to produce outstanding visuals (photographers, directors, stylists, models, artists, illustrators etc)
NANUSHKA is an equal opportunities employer, we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.