Paul Smith is one of Britain’s leading independent design companies. We champion positivity, curiosity and creativity. These qualities underpin every Paul Smith design, whether it’s a shirt, a shop or a special collaboration. Reaffirming the values that Paul set down in 1970, ‘classic with a twist’ remains the guiding principle of the company. Happily positioned between high fashion and formalwear, while taking reference from both, Paul Smith has always been proud to stand apart.
Working as an integral part of the Digital Photography Team the Digital Photographer will be involved in a variety of still life and model photography, delivering images suitable for ecommerce, wholesale, and outlet requirements. Additionally work closely with studio teams to produce videos during model shoots at in-house studios and occasionally on location.
This is a temporary position, for 12 months, however may be subject to change.
As part of the application please submit a link to your portfolio containing work examples, this should be available for 4 weeks after the advert closing date.
• Prepare photography studios and all necessary equipment for shooting Ecommerce imagery. Prepare and style products within this setting adhering to brand guidelines and uploading images across various image libraries.
• Photograph products in a timely manner sticking to weekly targets and deadlines.
• Using Capture One software, create styles for shoots and process images ready for retouch.
• Ensure sample collections are photographed ahead of the selling season.
• Produce product and garment videos and/or gifs, adhering to an agreed set of objectives, documenting relevant set-ups and techniques.
• Work alongside the retouching team to guarantee specific notes are communicated effectively.
• Monitor the online product imagery to ensure it is of a high standard and in-keeping with the brand.
• Research current trends within product photography, developing new efficient ways of working, taking website objectives into consideration.
• Help the Photography Assistant Manager and Photography Manager in training and mentoring new team members.
Your Skills and Experience
• Advanced level of computer literacy and use of Mac operating systems.
• Strong technical knowledge of cameras, lenses and lighting.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• Advanced user of Adobe Photoshop and Capture One Pro.
• Previous credible experience in product and model photography in a studio environment.
• Experienced in colour correction.
Who you are
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent planning, prioritisation and organisational skills to meet set deadlines.
• Attentive to detail, able to work in a team and self-motivated.
• Flexible to work extended hours over busy periods and travel to other UK sites.
What’s in it for you
• A generous clothing allowance.
• Discretionary discount on PSL goods.
• An annual leave entitlement of 25 days, plus Bank Holidays.
• Holiday trading.
• Pension Scheme.
• Cycle to work and travel loan schemes.
At Paul Smith, we celebrate and encourage applications from all walks of life into our growing workforce. We are committed to empowering people from any background, belief system, or ethnicity, offering an inclusive environment where talent is recognised and valued.