As Online Sales Associate, you will work primarily in a sales and customer service capacity with our direct business through customer interactions across all channels of communication. You are the voice of Marla Aaron to our customers and you advocate for them to the rest of the Marla Aaron team. You will see all of our customer’s needs ranging from a simple product question, all the way to walking through months of decision making. Our customers will see you as their personal stylist. You will be the liaison who will communicate our customer’s needs and desires to the rest of the team in order to improve the customer experience at Marla Aaron. You will be trained on our Customer Experience Policy and learn and transmit our values across all dimensions. Our relationship with our customers is the lifeblood of our brand. You will be on the frontlines helping this part of our business thrive.
- Work closely with customers via email, chat, phone, and social media DM’s to make decisions on purchases, returns, repairs and exchanges
- Maintain a 24hr response time to our customer’s inquiries across all channels
- Coordinate with the Production and Fulfillment teams on the return, repair and/or exchange of product
- Act as a liaison between our customers and the Production team to communicate product issues based on return, repair and exchange data
- Act as a liaison between our customers and Product Development to communicate our customer’s product desires
- Work closely with our Fulfillment team to proactively communicate changes to orders, process labels and provide documents for claims as needed
- Work closely with the Retail Sales Manager and Brand Director to constantly reevaluate the experience we give our customers
- Stay up to date on and abide by our Customer Experience Policy while helping to improve upon it
- Be proactive in reaching out to our customers when necessary and find ways to go above and beyond
- Assist with sales and marketing support tasks as needed
- Flexibility to work retail hours, including weekends and holidays
- Passion for high-end products and keen eye for detail
- Shopify POS experience
- CX or CRM software experience preferred
- Are a fast learner
- Have rigorous attention to detail
- When you make mistakes, you own them
- Ask questions when you don't understand
- Find the positive in negative situations
- Know how to communicate effectively by phone, email, text, on social media and in person
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Workplace, and have a desire and ability to learn the technology necessary to improve workflow, whatever that may be
- Love organization in a Marie Kondo sort of way
- Love jewelry and fashion but you love the human race even more
- Are willing to take on tasks that may fall outside of your job description --this will happen--you roll with it
Salary Range: $58,500-65,000
We are a rebellious little company and we make jewelry and other objects in New York City. They are beautiful and people seem to love them. What began with one lock is now an entire collection designed to be worn in infinite ways and used as “jewel tools” with individuals’ own collections—to redefine the “precious” in jewelry with individuality. The collection is sold online and in select independent stores in the US and around the world and even in a vending machine or two.
We are an equal opportunity employer for whom diversity and inclusion are a passion and a commitment.
We provide health insurance as well as dental and vision plans.
401K matching program.
Access to personal and professional development coaching and support.
Other benefits such as transit vouchers, discounts at certain gyms and retailers.
“Errand Day” (you’ll learn about that if you come in for an interview)
Our offices are decidedly “unoffice like” and fill a full floor on 47th street in the heart of New York’s Diamond District. Our fridge is also filled with great food.
Please send all resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org