Founded in Florence, Italy, in 1921, Gucci is one of the world's leading luxury brands. Following the House's centenary, Gucci forges ahead into the next hundred years, continuing to redefine luxury while celebrating the creativity, Italian craftsmanship, and innovation at the core of its values. Gucci is part of the global luxury group Kering, which manages the development of a series of renowned Houses in fashion, leather goods, jewelry, and eyewear. Discover more about Gucci at www.gucci.com.Role mission
The Merchandising Manager is responsible for Buying activities of the assigned category/s in the Region (selection and quantity definition by store). As Merchandising Manager, you will buy client centric with the objective of tailoring the assortment for each country/city/store as well as ensure a flawless cross-functional in-season cooperation with other departments to ensure Sell-Through results.Key accountabilitiesBuying:
- Implement and translate the WW buying strategy at regional level based on market's
- Guarantee the coordination of the image (through the buy) in the region and by store
- Coordinate the buying choices within the region with the objective of fully exploiting the WW product strategy
- Coordinate special projects across categories during the buying campaign (capsules, x-mas,Towards summer/winter, precious skin, caravans…)
- Partner with the Clienteling Manager to orchestrate buying activities during the buying campaign i.e.: Top Client requests, OTOs, Trunk Shows...
- Guarantee that the Carry Over proposal is consistently monitored and revised to its full potential by store with localized strategies
- Coordinate and collaborate across various Regional Functions on launches, new store openings, renovations, closures, events…
- In season analysis and strategy proposal to optimize assortments by store
- Manage the stock for the assigned category/s in the Region
- Rationalize and monitor stores' assortment (Newness vs Carryover)
- Coordinate with your local Inventory Planning team on defining the rules for stock distribution of Newness & Carry Over
- Work on reorders to take from Corporate Bulk
- Work on in-season cancellation proposals to Corporate Merchandising and follow up with local Inventory Planning and Corporate Supply Chain
- Work with other Merchandising team members in the development and execution of merchandise assortment and buying plans
Analysis and Feedback:
- Monitor sales and sell-through and initiate appropriate strategies and tactics to optimize stock and boost sales
- Monitor category business to maximize business priorities/opportunities
- Review of Competitor & Pricing analysis; Merchandising grid
- Collect and share qualitative comments on business to Corporate Merchandising counterparts through regular e-mails or calls
- Coordination with local Inventory Planning on delivery checks and newness allocation
- Organize Store Visits on a regular basis to gather qualitative feedback on clients and product trends
- Share monthly feedback to the Corporate CDPP Team
- Monitor sales performance and activate tactical needs accordingly
- Analyse stock level, delivery status and merchandise allocation of assigned product categories in collaboration with Inventory Planning and identify growth opportunities
- Conduct regular store visits (Gucci & competitors) based on business needs
- Help clarify assortments and product buying strategies to store teams (Newness & Carry Over)
- Help highlight important product information to store teams already communicated through Digital Training Modules to help emphasize their importance
- Participate and collaborate with the Local Team to secure product knowledge in stores
- Work closely with VM and Retail, spend time in stores and closely monitor the clientele behaviour and the market specificities
- Highlight full potential opportunities per store, with bottom-up sales plan and forecast by store and category
- Conduct Sales plan reviews with Planning Team (Regional & WW)
- Evaluate sales potential by event/store to define the OTB split
- Evaluate the sales potential of products and collections by functions, lines, and price ranges to cover different customer segments and nationalities
- Give strategic input for visual set-ups in alignment with Retail and VM based on business needs to boost business performance
- Provide VM with all necessary Buying information to help facilitate implementation of strategies
- Closely work together with VM on New Launch strategies to secure successful Newness launches
- Work together with other Merchandising Team members on cross-category projects to give VM complete visibility to execute Actions
- Continuously share updates in Carry Over assortment & performance to fine tune Carry Over displays
- Share performance feedback and visual priorities (Newness & Carry Over) to help VM implement relevant strategies that will benefit the business
Requirements - Key behavioral competencies - basicsQualifications
- Coach a Merchandiser on daily/weekly/monthly tasks, as well as all seasonal Merchandising activities (Seasonal Buying, Product Training/Master Class, Regional Events, etc.).
- Serve as a good role model for the Merchandiser to look up to, providing appropriate support/advice as needed.
- 5 years to 10 years' experience in fashion merchandising, preferably in a consumer retail or luxury brand context.
- Experience in retail environment with hands-on knowledge of retail processes and procedures
- Strong accuracy & precision for analytical abilities
- Experience in using of Excel and BI tools to monitor performances and KPIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in English and Japanese.
- Collaborative skills ability to work cross-functionally in a team environment
- Availability to travel (locally and oversea)
- Luxury fashion house experience preferred.
Gucci is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms - gender, age, disability, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation - enriches the workplace.
It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.