If you are a Dream-maker, this is the place for you. Together, we'll create the real fabric of Gucci. A community of people united by the same passion: breaking new ground in the fashion world and beyond.Role Mission
The Manager, People Initiatives is responsible for focused planning and implementation of strategic company initiatives that foster Gucci's values and vision, enhance employee, students, and community engagement, as well as the employee experience, always remaining focused on diversity and inclusion.
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Organizational Development and People Initiatives, this role will create, ensure, and promote effective management of and support for company activities, events and engagements as aligned with global Gucci and Kering directives. Through strong project management and organizational skills, this role orchestrates and communicates People Team special projects, as well supports the overall department to maximize collaboration and advance team alignment for company ambitions.
The Manager, People Initiatives will ensure critical thinking in initiatives application around the communities we serve, inclusive of all business channels - Retail, Corporate, Gucci 9 Hudson - and with a specific focus of the Americas integration for both North America and Latin America. This role will maintain relevant KPI metrics, leveraging historical references in efforts to quantify our people program.Key Accountabilities Employee Engagement
Employee Resource Groups
- Support effective internal communication and leverage company tools to optimize messaging;
- Develop and collaborate on new ways to engage employees and teams as needed by HR leadership and People Partners across all functions;
- Promote employee activation and participation in company volunteering program, Changemakers;
- Function as a liaison with the Global Gucci Changemakers team for volunteering activations;
- Contribute engagement activities to the People and Culture Engagement network, in collaboration with Executive Office and Brand and Client Engagement to anticipate cultural celebrations and highlights;
- Partner with Senior Manager and Executive Office to execute employee special events, including but not limited to team building, holiday events, and company outings;
- Promote and direct Gucci Americas activities in relation to Employee Listening Surveys, i.e., Gucci Pulse, and ensure clear guidance and action planning for all leadership to deliver quantifiable impact.
- Function as an advocate and liaison with all Employee Resource Group (ERG) leaders, executive sponsors, and members;
- Oversee ERG budgets in partnership with Finance;
- Build and maintain clear guidelines and workflows for all ERG activities and touchpoints;
- Partner with Kering I&D team to build collaboration across Gucci and Kering ERGs.
- Plan, direct and manage university engagement visits within office and store locations;
- Orchestrate and execute the Gucci Program for Scholars, three times per year (spring/fall and summer - with the Changemakers Scholarship recipients), inclusive of sourcing students, managing the daily program activities, and coordinating with key stakeholders;
- Oversee and manage corporate internships and student pilot programs.
- Manage company's diversity, equity, and inclusion trainings year-end, ensuring full compliance with mandatory directives and legal requirements;
- Collaborate directly with People Department leadership on strategic activities for the organization's engagement and retention;
- Support ad hoc and emerging initiatives on an on-going basis that support business ambitions.
Key Pillars for Ways of Working
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred;
- Minimum of 4 years related experience in Engagement, Training, HR, or related field;
- A team player with both strategic and tactical capabilities and understands when to use them;
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including excellent presentation skills;
- Highly creative and organized with the ability to oversee multiple priorities and complete tasks/projects in accordance with stated deadlines;
- Must possess a positive, solution-oriented, and customer-focused attitude;
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of employees, treating all with dignity and respect;
- Open and receptive to employees and their learning and development needs;
- Strong technical aptitude and expertise (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Learning Management Systems);
- Ability to travel regularly to the NY Corporate Office in alignment with Gucci's hybrid-work program.
Key Behaviors to Amplify What We DoExploreConsiderate Thinker
- Execute the mission of the role with a Radically Client-Centric mindset;
- Approach activities and relationships with a methodology that promotes Flat, Connected and Fast ways of collaborative working;
- Be Relentlessly Creative and approach challenges with an innovative mindset;
- Demonstrate that Everyone is an Owner through thoughts, actions, and behaviors.
- Sees the big picture and understands how own actions and decisions impact others and the organization as a whole
- Actively scans the environment for new approaches, blending different ideas to come with creative yet effective solutions
- Actively gets things done, raising the bar for performance, and taking accountability for own actions
- Driven by the sense of urgency, promotes change and takes smart risks in pursuit of goals
- Builds trust-based relationships across boundaries and encourages collaboration
- Adapts own style to communicate impactfully
- Empowers others by providing autonomy and encouraging self-expression, valuing, and amplifying each person's uniqueness
- Is self-aware, curious to learn and seeks feedback from others to continuously grow, always putting improvement over comfort
- Provides constructive and on-going feedback, coaches and helps others to achieve their full potential
- Qualified candidates must have the proper work authorization to work in the United States
Our Gucci community is committed to providing a culture of inclusivity and accessibility in all aspects of the employee life cycle - starting with the candidate experience. If you are interested in becoming a Gucci Dream-maker and applying for employment and require a reasonable accommodation to assist with any part of the application and/or interview process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
When contacting us, please provide your contact information, the role you have applied to, and the nature of your accessibility issue. Please only send inquiries concerning requests for reasonable accommodations. Salary Range - New York City
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in New York City, Gucci includes a reasonable estimate of the salary or hourly rate range for this role. This considers the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions; including but not limited to business or organizational needs, skill sets, experience and training, licensure, and certifications. In addition, where a candidate falls within the disclosed range estimate may be dependent on the applicable geographic differential associated with the location in which the position may be filled.
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range is $90,000.00 USD to $115,000.00 USD.