If you are a Dream-maker, this is the place for you. Together, we will create the real fabric of Gucci. A community of people united by the same passion: breaking new ground in the fashion world and beyond.Role Mission
The Gucci Assistant Merchandising Manager for Men's Shoes ensures the flow of merchandise into the business through timely allocation and close dialogue with Customer Service, worldwide (WW) Merchandising, WW Corporate Retail, and Central Demand Planning. The Assistant Merchandising Manager supports the Merchandising Manager in managing the inventory by providing scheduled reporting and recommended actions.Key AccountabilitiesInventory Management
- Ensure monthly deliveries are closely monitored and communicated to the Merchandising Manager and visual merchandising teams to ensure proper execution of planned visual displays;
- Balance stock to sales ratios and/or timely replenishment through consolidations;
- Coordinate with inventory planning on timely allocation of newness to drive sales and sell through while prioritizing key locations;
- Maintain sales momentum by advising Merchandising Manager on reorder opportunities through stock replenishment forecasting;
- Analyze selling reports to execute stock movements and balance sales vs stock ratios by store;
- Oversee the stock to ensure adequate levels for floor moves new store openings and relocations.
- Timely execution of weekly standard reporting;
- Analyze reporting and recommend any necessary actions to Merchandising Manager;
- End of month analysis, pricing initiatives, and ad-hoc analysis as needed;
- Prepare final selling reports for buy prep;
- Adhoc reporting as needed.
Seasonal Buying Campaign Support
- Support Merchandising Manager in maximizing sales and results by store, through collaboration with visual merchandising to maximize exposure of best sellers, optimize floor capacity, and support brand initiatives;
- Minimum in store travel 3 days per quarter;
- Establish and maintain relationships with retail network by working closely with Store Directors and Client Advisors to solidify Merchandising's role as a strategic support;
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including Brand Engagement, PR, Wholesale, and Visual Merchandising;
- Execute daily activities as directed by the Merchandising Manager;
- Support and/or facilitate ad-hoc store requests
- Motivate selling teams through on-going product knowledge communication tools such as product booklets, training, selling events;
- In store presence to work with visual merchandising, gain insights into business by location, and motivate selling teams;
- Lead by example with a high standard of professionalism, positive attitude, and desire to be at Gucci;
- Frequent communication of new product arrivals and business trends to elicit feedback from store teams.
- Possible international travel with the potential of up to four times a year;
- Prepare tools and information for seasonal buying campaigns, input orders, provide detailed sales analysis by location, and recap final buys;
- Ensure all buy preparation is created and distributed to all relevant team members;
- Detailed review of all order information to ensure its integrity;
- Provide buy recaps to Merchandising Manager for internal and WW assortment reviews;
- Participate and support Merchandising Manager in articulating assortment strategies to internal, WW, and Retail partners.
Key Pillars for Ways of Working
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in retail, luxury retail, or service-related industry;
- Previous Merchandising Assistant, Coordinator and/or Assistant Buyer experience required;
- Understanding of foundational buying/merchandising metrics and key performance indicators;
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion, Business or a related discipline is highly preferred;
- Flexibility to travel with short notice and to work a demanding schedule which can include on an adhoc basis evenings, weekends, and holidays;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills.
Key Behaviors to Amplify What We DoExploreConsiderate Thinker
- Execute the mission of the role with a Radically Client-Centric mindset;
- Approach activities and relationships with a methodology that promotes Flat, Connected and Fast ways of collaborative working;
- Be Relentlessly Creative and approach challenges with an innovative mindset;
- Demonstrate that Everyone is an Owner through thoughts, actions, and behaviors.
- Sees the big picture and understands how own actions and decisions impact others and the organization as a whole
- Actively scans the environment for new approaches, blending different ideas to come with creative yet effective solutions
- Actively gets things done, raising the bar for performance, and taking accountability for own actions
- Driven by the sense of urgency, promotes change and takes smart risks in pursuit of goals
- Builds trust-based relationships across boundaries and encourages collaboration
- Adapts own style to communicate impactfully
- Empowers others by providing autonomy and encouraging self-expression, valuing, and amplifying each person's uniqueness
- Is self-aware, curious to learn and seeks feedback from others to continuously grow, always putting improvement over comfort
- Provides constructive and on-going feedback, coaches and helps others to achieve their full potential
- Qualified candidates must have the proper work authorization to work in the United States
Our Gucci community is committed to providing a culture of inclusivity and accessibility in all aspects of the employee life cycle - starting with the candidate experience. If you are interested in becoming a Gucci Dream-maker and applying for employment and require a reasonable accommodation to assist with any part of the application and/or interview process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
When contacting us, please provide your contact information, the role you have applied to, and the nature of your accessibility issue. Please only send inquiries concerning requests for reasonable accommodations.Salary Range - New York City
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in New York City, GUCCI includes a reasonable estimate of the salary or hourly rate range for this role. This considers the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions; including but not limited to business or organizational needs, skill sets, experience and training, licensure, and certifications. In addition, where a candidate falls within the disclosed range estimate may be dependent on the applicable geographic differential associated with the location in which the position may be filled.
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range is $60,000 USD to $65,000 USD.