Founded in Florence, Italy, in 1921, Gucci is one of the world's leading luxury brands. Following the House's centenary, Gucci forges ahead into the next hundred years, continuing to redefine luxury while celebrating the creativity, Italian craftsmanship, and innovation at the core of its values. Gucci is part of the global luxury group Kering, which manages the development of a series of renowned Houses in fashion, leather goods, jewelry, and eyewear. Discover more about Gucci at www.gucci.com.Role mission
The Merchandising Manager is responsible for Buying activities of the assigned category/s in the Region (selection and quantity definition by store). As Merchandising Manager, you will buy client centric with the objective of tailoring the assortment for each country/city/store as well as ensure a flawless cross-functional in-season cooperation with other departments to ensure Sell-Through results. Key accountabilities Buying:
Analysis and Feedback:
- Implement and translate the WW buying strategy at regional level based on market's specificities/priorities to achieve target sales.
- Ensure elevation of brand image (through the buy) in the region and by store
- Implement buy assortment within the region with the objective of fully exploiting the WW product strategy.
- Partner with WW team for a Japan tailor made SLG assortment to be the leader in the market, and to share competitors trends, read trends to come.
- Coordinate special projects across categories during the buying campaign (capsules, x-mas, buy now wear now, precious skin, caravans…)
- Partner with the Clienteling Manager to orchestrate buying activities during the buying campaign i.e.: Top Client requests, OTOs, Trunk Shows...
- Guarantee that the Carry Over proposal is consistently monitored and revised to its full potential by store with localized strategies
- Coordinate and collaborate across various Regional Functions on launches, new store openings, renovations, closures, events…
- In season analysis and strategy proposal to optimize assortments by store
- Manage the stock for the assigned category/s in the Region
- Rationalize and monitor stores' assortment (Newness vs Carryover)
- Coordinate with your local Inventory Planning team on defining the rules for stock distribution of Newness & Carry Over
- Work on reorders to take from Corporate Bulk
- Work on in-season cancellation proposals to Corporate Merchandising and follow up with local Inventory Planning and Corporate Supply Chain
- Work with other Merchandising team members in the development and execution of merchandise assortment and buying plans
- Monitor sales and sell-through and initiate appropriate strategies and tactics to optimize stock and boost sales
- Monitor category business to maximize business priorities/opportunities
- Review of Competitor & Pricing analysis; Merchandising grid
- Collect and share qualitative comments on business to Corporate Merchandising counterparts through regular e-mails or calls
- Coordination with local Inventory Planning on delivery checks and newness allocation
- Organize Store Visits on a regular basis to gather qualitative feedback on clients and product trends
- Share monthly feedback to the Corporate CDPP Team
- Monitor sales performance and activate tactical needs accordingly
- Analyse stock level, delivery status and merchandise allocation of assigned product categories in collaboration with Inventory Planning and identify growth opportunities
- Conduct regular store visits (Gucci & competitors) based on business needs
- Help clarify assortments and product buying strategies to store teams (Newness & Carry Over)
- Help highlight important product information to store teams already communicated through Digital Training Modules or Gucci To Go to help emphasize their importance
- Participate and collaborate with the Local Team to secure product knowledge in stores
- Work closely with VM and Retail, spend time in stores and closely monitor the clientele behaviour and the market specificities
- Highlight full potential opportunities per store, with bottom-up sales plan and forecast by store and category
- Conduct Sales plan reviews with Planning Team (Regional & WW)
- Evaluate sales potential by event/store to define the OTB split at store level
- Evaluate the sales potential of products and collections by functions, lines, and price ranges to cover different customer segments and nationalities
Requirements - Key behavioral competencies - basicsQualifications
- Give strategic input for visual set-ups in alignment with Retail and VM based on business needs to boost business performance
- Provide VM with all necessary Buying information to help facilitate implementation of strategies
- Closely work together with VM on New Launch strategies to secure successful Newness launches
- Work together with other Merchandising Team members on cross-category projects to give VM complete visibility to execute Actions
- Continuously share updates in Carry Over assortment & performance to fine tune Carry Over displays
- Share performance feedback and visual priorities (Newness & Carry Over) to help VM implement relevant strategies that will benefit the business
Key behavioral competencies - Gucci Amplifiers
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, statistics, mathematics, engineering or related Supply Chain fields
- 5 years to 10 years' experience
- Experience in retail environment with hands-on knowledge of retail processes and procedures
- Strong accuracy & precision for analytical abilities
- Experience in using of Excel and BI tools to monitor performances and KPIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative skills ability to work cross-functionally in a team environment
- Availability to travel
- Luxury fashion house experience preferred but not required.
- Agile Advocate: demonstrated ability to promote change, to take smart-risks and bring others on board. You know how and when to accelerate
- Strong Talent Builder and People Enabler: you create the space for people to take decisions, considering their unique perspectives. You have a keen eye to help other to grow and learn, no matter whether they report to you or not.
- Considerate thinker: you carefully consider how your actions and decisions impact others around you and have an ability to connect the dots.
- Solution Developer: keep an open eye on trends and innovation, using different approaches to come up with innovative yet pragmatic solutions
- Connection Builder: ability to build trust-based relationships with a strong influencing and presentation skills, adapting messaging based on your audience.
- Accountable Achiever: a willingness to go the extra-mile, pushing self out of the comfort zone, taking accountability for results whether good or bad
- Continuous learner: you are self-aware and have a passion for learning new things. You are curious and constantly seek to develop yourself, putting improvement over comfort.