If you are a Dream-maker, this is the place for you. Together, we'll create the real fabric of Gucci. A community of people united by the same passion: breaking new ground in the fashion world and beyond.Role Mission
Based in the Gucci boutique in Beverly Hills, California, the Gucci VIP Tailor is responsible for producing high quality, tailored merchandise within the established timeframe, providing the highest level of service, establishing, and helping to maintain client relationships and working cross functionally with other team members in the store and within corporate.Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for the VIP tailoring client experience, being perceptive and responsive to client needs, listening, and showing enthusiasm for the product and Gucci brand;
- Demonstrate expert garment fittings and alterations skills and ability to support with the closing of sales;
- Examine and repair garments following alteration tags and marks on garments to ascertain necessary alterations;
- Alter clothing to fit individual client needs;
- Knowledge of fabrics, styling, and manufacturing techniques;
- Deliver advice on the product, providing accurate lead times to ensure expectations are managed;
- Draw and cut patterns as needed and according to specifications;
- Perform and complete fittings and deliver quality workmanship on both minor and major types of alterations according to Gucci guidelines and standards;
- Organize workload and complete items on time;
- Demonstrate proficiency in operating all tailor shop equipment.
Key Pillars for Ways of Working
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred;
- Minimum of seven years' alterations experience, preferably in luxury or high-end apparel;
- Experience working with high profile clients and celebrities, as well as stylists and personal assistants, is desired;
- Must have the highest level of diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality;
- Possession of strong technical background in specialty skills such as leather, knits, beading, buttonholes etc. is preferable;
- Possession of pressing and quality control skills;
- Knowledge of alterations including fabrications and styling of luxury merchandise;
- Demonstrate strong business judgment, creativity, and organizational ability;
- Fast-paced, well-organized, and able to juggle multiple priorities at once;
- Fluent in English, with the ability to communicate and write clearly;
- Fluency in other languages will be considered a plus;
- Must possess superb interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with customers and colleagues;
- High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative;
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision;
- Open to learning and developing new skills and processes;
- Flexibility to work a retail schedule which will include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Key Behaviors to Amplify What We DoExploreConsiderate Thinker
- Execute the mission of the role with a Radically Client-Centric mindset;
- Approach activities and relationships with a methodology that promotes Flat, Connected and Fast ways of collaborative working;
- Be Relentlessly Creative and approach challenges with an innovative mindset;
- Demonstrate that Everyone is an Owner through thoughts, actions, and behaviors.
- Sees the big picture and understands how own actions and decisions impact others and the organization as a whole
- Actively scans the environment for new approaches, blending different ideas to come with creative yet effective solutions
- Actively gets things done, raising the bar for performance, and taking accountability for own actions
- Driven by the sense of urgency, promotes change and takes smart risks in pursuit of goals
- Builds trust-based relationships across boundaries and encourages collaboration
- Adapts own style to communicate impactfully
- Empowers others by providing autonomy and encouraging self-expression, valuing, and amplifying each person's uniqueness
- Is self-aware, curious to learn and seeks feedback from others to continuously grow, always putting improvement over comfort
- Provides constructive and on-going feedback, coaches and helps others to achieve their full potential
Salary Range - California
- Qualified candidates must have the proper work authorization to work in the United States.
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in California, GUCCI includes a reasonable estimate of the salary or hourly rate range for this role. This considers the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions; including but not limited to business or organizational needs, skill sets, experience and training, licensure, and certifications. In addition, where a candidate falls within the disclosed range estimate may be dependent on the applicable geographic differential associated with the location in which the position may be filled.
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range is $40.50 USD to $45.00 USD.
Eligible employees may also participate in an employee benefits program as well as an incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)