The Editorial Content Strategist reports to the Head of Brand Strategy and Marketing and is responsible for overseeing the 360 content strategy for the brand across Matouk marketing platforms (email, social media, ecommerce home page). The main function of this role is to develop editorial with the foundation of Matouk marketing and business objectives.
The Editorial Content Strategist will possess a love of content and storytelling, engage in ideation, conceptualization and delivery of engaging content that connects all Matouk audiences - including end consumers, interior designers, retailers and brand partners- to the Matouk Brand Story.
All content will be created with the end goal of elevating and growing the Matouk Brand by engaging our customers across multiple channels. Under the Head of Marketing and in partnership with Creative, this position will lead strategy and management of the content calendar as well as the approval and publication of all content including written and visual; email, digital, social (gifs, video, dynamic content) and video.
The successful candidate will develop a deep understanding of the Matouk brand voice and have a passionate mastery of customer engagement across all digital and traditional media. This role requires a sophisticated voice for luxury consumer home products, excellent story-telling instincts, technically excellent writing and editing skills, and a highly collaborative nature.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in creating engaging dynamic luxury content; this can be supported by sourcing external resources or identifying internal resources. Ideal candidate possesses existing strong freelance writer and content production relationships.
- Leads creation, management and execution of all consumer email campaigns.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key internal teams: ie: the creative team who develops creative assets to be used for content, the merchandising team for product awareness and roll-out timing as well as ecommerce.
- Conceptualization, and publication of branded content for matouk.com. Generation of new brand content ideas for creative as well as site copy needed for new pages, gift guides, edits to existing pages.
- Conceptualization, production and publication of B2B branded content for NuOrder.com and the Matouk Book. Management of internal and external resources required for production of all company copywriting needs including, but not limited to:
-descriptive copy for products and seasonal collections
–functional copy for products
-internal and external corporate communications, –corporate identity, history and value statements
–copy for advertising
- General editorial content ideation, specification of assets required for production to creative and distribution of actual content
- Planning and development of B2B communications and email requirements Work with creative to understand upcoming imagery, interpret brand folder, evaluate assets and request asset types to creative to plan editorial content calendar across all platforms
- Strategize, planning and management of content calendar. responsible for Matouk across all 360 platforms including , social media, email calendars in collaboration with Ecommerce strategy.
- Manages all Organic Social Media including Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn
- 5-7+ years of experience shaping and executing editorially driven content for luxury brands or luxury editorial
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in journalism, communications, creative writing or business/marketing
- Advanced editing and writing skills.
- Background in copy and editorial for digital and print media and social media with proven experience developing multi-platform content
- Demonstrated experience producing effective luxury/elevated product copy.
- Demonstrated experience with branded storytelling and delivering compelling content..
- Experience in influencing and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- An inventive problem solver capable of operating both in a strategic capacity and hands-on.
- Experience writing and editing product marketing content and sales enablement materials.
- Strong professional background as part of a successful marketing team
- Exceptional eye for quality and an unwillingness to compromise on the quality of both messaging and design.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines.