Sr. Engineer is a primary team member to design, develop, test, troubleshoot, and support complex integrations. This position will be shared across multiple projects. This position plays a key role in guiding application teams with their design and development to meet their integration needs.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Develop and modify complex integrations through analysis, design, development, testing, and documentation and suggest an overall architecture design.
- Understand IT & business needs and design integrations to meet those needs, ensure all technology solutions align with IT technical strategy and overall PVH IT architecture roadmap while adhering to organization standards.
- Translate business and technical requirements into integration implementation. Provide technical guidance during design and requirements phase of the projects
- Ensure that architecture principles and standards are consistently applied
- Diagnose complex issues and provide solutions when unit testing and integrations fail to meet specifications.
- Translate knowledge of software into software development/maintenance guidelines and standards
- Partner with project teams and provide suggestions or recommendations on design and/or process improvement. Promote adherence to compliance and documenting changes
- Conduct extensive testing and verification of test results during integration testing with other systems; Identify implementation risks and potential impacts; troubleshoot system errors and serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex errors.
- Document test plans, technical and functional specifications.
- Administer integration platform, monitor, secure REST/SOAP services, and manage API traffic flow, etc.
- Track integration trends and relate these to planning current and future integrations needs.
Ability to work independently with limited supervision. Provide feedback and contribute in key decision making for integration development activities. Review integrations and recommend the right patterns & tools to use to meet projects' requirementsRESOURCEFULNESS/ CREATIVITY:
Ensure that all integration implementation address business demands and are both reliable and cost effective. Adaptability to changing trends and/or business demands with the ability to solve complex technical issues.ENVIRONMENT: QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:Experience:
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in integration development and with a minimum of 4 years of experience in implementing integrations using ESB, API Management, Queue/Messaging, and/or Streaming
• Minimum 2 years of experience in developing integrations using MuleSoft any point.Education:
Bachelor's degree in programming, systems or computer science.Skills:
- Strong hands-on experience in developing integration APIs, near-real/real time integration, message or broker
- Strong experience in developing integrations in Java/J2EE technologies such as JMS, JDBC, EJB, Hibernate/JPA, etc.
- Expert level skills in integration patterns, data transformation and technical orchestration
- Expertise in designing, developing and testing REST/JSON API services, SOAP/WSDL web services, XSL/XSLT, SAML, and OAUTH
- Experience in administration and monitoring, securing REST/SOAP services, building swagger specs, and managing API traffic flow
- Experience with RDBMS, No SQL databases and writing SQL queries
- Strong experience in implementing On Premise, Cloud, and Hybrid integrations
- Hands-on experience with Kafka, Mulesoft AMQ, and/or IBM/TIBCO/WebMethods MQ is a plus
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of enterprise integration processes: patterns design, development, configuration, deployment, testing, implementation, and security practices.
- Understanding of Microservices architecture design and implementation
- Experience with agile projects, DevOps, CI/CD, and scripting
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization; Strong customer, quality, and results orientation.
- Ability to articulate complex ideas, comprehend written and verbal communications, and possess good presentation skills.