Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The candidate's primary responsibility is to assist in the maintenance of inventory accuracy in our merchandising and financial systems and to oversee and approve the work of staff. This will require providing timely support to all divisions within Asia-Pacific with focus on Australia Market. This candidate will also work toward the development and implementation of standard policies, procedures, and controls and will participate in strategy formulation, project management and execution, career development, benchmarking and reporting, ongoing process improvement, enhancing controls, and minimizing costs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Assist in inventory related support efforts and ensure timely resolution of requests
* Schedule and coordinate physical inventories and cycle counts in all divisions including book cutoff (freeze), capturing counts and sales, research, reconciling, applying adjustments, and shrink reporting
* Prepare, review and approve inventory adjustments processed within Inventory Control department including, but not limited to RTV's, MOS, sell-offs, transfers, etc.
* Ensure store compliance with inventory related procedures including distributions, transfers, MOS, physical inventory prep and execution, etc.
* Liaison between Inventory Control, DC Operations, Planning & Buying, Store Operations, Asset Protection, and Stores to provide assistance with inventory related issues
* Partner with DC Transportation in administering and processing claims
* Coordinate and participate in reporting (Scorecard) and internal control documentation and testing
* Partnering with Accounting eg: reconciliation of inventory data, inventory analysis of P&L and B/S accounts and audit questions
* Support year-end audit preparation with inventory related documentations
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* 2 years of Inventory Control experience ideally within a Retail environment
* Degree or diploma in accounting/finance/logistics or related disciplines
* Experience in working with various countries within Asia-Pacific region preferred
* Good written and verbal communication skills in English
* Knowledge in Account Payable and Receivable is a plus
* Knowledge of Financial systems - Microsoft Dynamics AX or similar finance system is a plus
* Proficient with Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
* Highly organized with excellent time management skills
* Positive attitude and sound interpersonal skills