With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of sales, use, and personal property tax compliance, issues, and audits. The manager is responsible for a staff to assist with the department requirements. The manager will ensure that all data exports from the tax software package platform are complete, balance with the company's ERP system, and are in the proper format to prepare the required tax returns with the assistance of external compliance partner(s). The Manager of Indirect Tax will also ensure that all tax returns are prepared and filed timely each month.
• Oversees all areas of sales, use, and personal property tax. This includes ensuring current sales and use tax rates are loaded monthly in the POS register system, SAP, Vertex, and ATG.
• In Vertex (sales & use tax software system), maintains the necessary tables that determine how sales tax is applied to customer transactions.
• Balances the monthly sales and tax data export from SAP Bobj reporting and review exceptions.
• Prepares and provides compliance partner(s) with all required sales, use, and personal property tax data timely for return processing.
• Reviews, coordinates and manages all sales, use, and personal property tax notices for timely resolution.
• Monitors and ensures that any new tax filings are identified and completed timely.
• Oversees and manages all sales, use, and personal property tax audits. This includes scheduling the audit, pulling the required documentation requests for the auditor, working directly with the auditor to ensure accurate audit findings, and help resolve all tax issues that arise.
• Within Vertex and the POS registers system, maintains the necessary tables for sales taxation and adjust for "tax free" holidays when applicable.
• Maintains relationships with outside peer groups and third-party consultants to help determine best practices related to issues and opportunities that arise.
• Develops workflows within the automation software package to streamline the use tax accrual and reconciliation processes and evaluate other areas that can be made more efficient.
• Manages special projects that affect the tax compliance, i.e. software upgrades, automation of non-value-added activities, etc.
• Oversees other miscellaneous non-income tax areas by assisting internal partners as challenges and opportunities arise.
• BA/BS in Accounting, with an emphasis in tax preferred
• 5+ years of tax experience, preferably with a national retailer or similar indirect tax experience (Such as state tax auditor)
• 2+ years of demonstrated supervisory experience preferred, including training and managing staff
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Time management skills
• Strong computer/technical skills, including Microsoft Excel & Alteryx
• Familiarity with Vertex sales & use tax software a plus
• Analytical and problem-solving skills, including issue identification and resolution
• Flexibility, good judgment, and attention to detail a must
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.