With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This position is responsible for ensuring superior customer service, accuracy and timeliness throughout the daily processing of payments. This position provides operational insight by reviewing current processes, analyzing account balances and by making recommendations for improving efficiency and ensuring key controls.
• Manages corporate Travel and Expense (T&E) and assists users with submissions in SAP Concur.
• Maintains associate purchasing cards; issues, and closes, as needed. Educates users on policies.
• Prepares posting of all payments for Accounts Payable. Ensures all paperwork is complete and accurate.
• Proactively researches and assists in designing process improvement opportunities on an ongoing basis to promote an efficient and flexible AP organization.
• Functions as the subject matter expert (SME) for AP initiatives/projects and/or AP process changes.
• Interacts with internal and external customers in responding to inquiries.
• Participates and be a key member during the month end close process.
• Assists with general accounting/payable functions as assigned.
• Assists in monitoring the production of the AP department to ensure timely and accurate processing of payables to meet changes in workload demands. Communicates roadblocks to Manager as necessary to promote prompt resolution.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent required
• 1+ years' experience
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• The ability to multi-task and willingness to learn new skills
• Proficient with Word and Excel
• Team oriented person who can focus on the details
• The ability to work effectively in a high growth environment and a rapidly changing organization
• The ability to effectively handle tight month end closing process and weekly payment schedules
• Process timing is critical, strict adherence to calendar required
• Possess a strong desire to bring best practices to the team, share your knowledge and expertise, and enable mutual success as the organization continues to grow
• SAP and Concur experience a plus
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.