About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
In this role, you will build and develop innovative internal and external content strategies to support the company's long-range plan. You will collaborate with internal and external partners to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate strategic communications. You will develop a deep understanding of the business and leverage your understanding of industry trends to shape stories that convey the company's priorities, values, and market position.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Partner with the business to build a narrative that communicates our company's business objectives, culture, and values to our employees, prospective employees, shareholders, and customers
- Design, edit, and oversee the distribution of internal and external communication materials, including program communications, presentations, FAQs and fact sheets, press materials, speeches, articles, and social content
- Provide guidance and support to executive management for internal and external meetings
- Evaluate fit with target audience to ensure comprehension Implement metrics to evaluate effectiveness of communication plan delivery
- Develop standards and guidelines for style and content
- Build cross functional partnerships and consensus
- Influence strategy for area/team
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Ability to drive cultural and/or change initiatives, and position a brand/company as a great place to work
- Creative, innovative, and curious; ability to move from concept to ideation to execution; strong bias for action
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and oversee multiple concurrent projects and workstreams with various business partners
- Excellent written, verbal and advisory skills, including speechwriting experience; proven track record of delivering exceptional written work
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
- Manage and prioritize creative resources to meet and balance campaign deliverables and day-to-day needs of our company / brand comms teams and other stakeholders
- Oversees all of our Inc. channels with any creative or content updates (gapinc.com, careers, Thread, social, etc.)
- Partners with brand marketing teams to keep company asset library and channels up to date and with the latest creative assets
- Oversees large photo and video productions - building timelines, coordinating with production partners and freelancers, defining creative requirements, leading logistics and full preparation for shoots and deliverables
- Hold creative and comms teams to timeline deliveries across the process and ensuring consideration of creative requirements - lead creative review process with Inc. leaders
- Manage asset sharing and filing system that enables partners to access assets for media and communication needs and establish a DAM resource in 2024 for Gap Inc. in connection with the migration plans for brands - Continuously audit existing processes to build stronger work flows and drive efficiencies across our working teams and with brand marketing teams
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $110,100 - $159,100 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.