Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The candidate for the position of Architecture & Design Manager will report to the Architecture & Design Lead, EMEA. Candidate will be part of a team that is responsible for the store design process from design, planning, project management through completion for all custom level wholesale and boutique store projects across multiple Ralph Lauren brands. Candidate must be competent in handling and organizing a large volume of projects and interfacing with all levels of management at Ralph Lauren, including wholesale/DTC partners, decorative and merchandising teams, construction managers, millworkers, consultants, local architects, general contractors, and vendors/ suppliers mainly located in Europe.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Partner with Business/Sales, Merchandising, Retail, Construction Teams, and external partners in development of projects.
* Work within a team of project managers who are responsible for the day-to-day management of new store projects as well as renovation projects for RL Wholesale, RL Wholesale Licensee, and RL Retail.
* Produce schematic design and design development packages for new wholesale locations and retail stores and renovations.
* Responsible for project management including design, construction, millwork shop drawing/finish sample review, budget and schedule awareness for multiple projects simultaneously.
* Coordinate project's program requirements with RL in-house departments: Decorative, Retail Development, Merchandising, and Senior Management of the various businesses, along with external partners and the RL Construction Team.
* Maintain constant dialogue with vendors, internal teams, and external partners.
* Manage and effectively prioritize own work and the work/schedule of RL consultants.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Degree in Architecture and at least 5 years of experience in retail design or high end/custom residential architecture in a project manager's position. Master's degree is a plus.
* High proficiency in AutoCAD 2018 (or more recent version).
* Proficiency in Adobe applications (Photoshop CS4, Acrobat X Pro), Autodesk applications (Buzzsaw 2011, Design Review 2011, DWG TrueView 2011), Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, and Sketch-up/Rhino/3d rendering software.
* Must have a high level of design skills; ability to sketch.
* Knowledge of millwork standards, details and construction.
* Knowledge of/experience in working with lighting, MEP, and other project related consultants.
* Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, organization, and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, troubleshooting along the way as necessary.
* Excellent and professional negotiation and communication skills, both written and oral.
* Experience on site reviewing construction and shop fit installations.