For nearly 100 years, Matouk has handcrafted the world’s finest collection of luxury bed, bath and table linens. As a company, we define ourselves by our connection to family, our commitment to craftsmanship, and our willingness to grow and advance as new possibilities emerge. Our factory in Fall River, Massachusetts is home to a tight-knit family of artists, craftspeople, and professionals. All of us at Matouk are steadfast in our commitment to enrich the lives of our customers and their families through the excellent product that we continue to produce every day. 2024 will be a momentous year for our New York City operation as we will be opening the first Matouk retail store and relocating our offices and showroom to a historic building on Madison Avenue and 57th Street.
The Showroom Director is fully responsible for the day to day management of the new New York City Showroom and Office to ensure that Matouk’s Showroom Sales Goals are met, the Showroom is visually merchandised to an excellent standard at all times, and that the highest levels of Customer and Employee Experience are consistently delivered. This role requires a strategic and detail-oriented leader with a passion for design, a keen understanding of the home furnishings market, an established network of interior designers, and the ability to inspire and lead a team.The Showroom Director will have a naturally collaborative spirit that enhances the success of all sales, creative and administrative leaders who depend on the NYC Showroom for business success.
- Develop, deploy and maintain the Visual Merchandising standards within the NYC showroom and, as needed, at Atlanta Showroom and House of Matouk retail store
- Manage showroom displays, seasonal resets and procurement of samples and swatches
- Partner with Creative and Merchandising teams to deliver seasonal visual plans that meet customer needs and sales targets.
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize Interior Design trade revenue
- Collaborate with VP of Global Sales to set and achieve Interior Design showroom sales budget.
- Collaborate with all channel leaders to optimize existing and new business development opportunities.
- Coordinate with House of Matouk leadership to manage retail appointments in the showroom as needed.
- Oversee team of internal selling experts who deliver excellent results and experience
- Work with the analytics team to produce and distribute KPI reports covering budgets, results and pipeline development.
- Conduct Interior Design market reporting leading to increased brand activity and customer engagement
- Own pipeline for growth of NYC Interior Design community
- Direct day-to-day office operations, coordinating key functions including maintenance, systems operations, security, incoming and outgoing shipments in collaboration with Human Resources, Facilities and IT Teams
- Manage and maintain supplies in all areas of the office, including copy/shipping room, pantry/kitchen and general office needs
- Serve as primary point of contact with Fuller Building staff
- Supervise fulfillment of House of Matouk same-day-delivery orders from Fuller Inventory storage area. Collaborate with Planning Team to maintain inventory levels.
- Act as a liaison with all service providers on behalf of the office and showroom.
- Foster a collaborative and professional work environment for all NYC employees and employees visiting from other locations
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and 5-10 years’ of sales experience
- Luxury, home soft-goods market experience a plus
- Experience in working with Interior Design clients
- Demonstrated experience in providing Best in Class Customer Service
- Experienced with customer outreach and communication
- Ability to use technology and analysis tools (Excel, Salesforce/CRM Service Cloud, Database)
- Ability to coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure highest level of Service to Showroom Clients
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as attention to detail and a passion for selling Matouk
- Comfortable with taking a “hands-on” approach to all areas of the showroom and sales