About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
With supervisor direction, responsible for providing reconciliation support to the Gap Inc. payroll team. Will also perform daily, monthly and quarterly department controls to ensure payroll accounting activities are compliant with Gap Inc. accounting policies and standards. Serve as backup support to other payroll accounting and control team activities.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Prepare accurate and timely balance sheet reconciliations with direction and guidance from supervisor; identify, analyze and resolve variances and discrepancies
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of payroll entries to the general ledger at month-end
- Provide proper documentation and sub-ledger support within reconciliations
- Responsible for compliance with accounting controls as directed by Gap Inc. accounting policies
- Perform Gap Inc. Employee Services internal business and SOX control testing
- Under direction of supervisor, conduct testing of system and policy changes and share results with supervisor and team members
- Complete assigned tasks, roles and responsibilities in a timely manner, with limited supervision; ensure timely escalation of critical and/or outstanding items to supervisor
- Support the Gap Inc. payroll audit process, ensuring payroll is accurate before payments are initiated
- Provide back-up support for the Employee Services banking and audit responsibilities; issuing stop payments, completing positive pay validation activities and conducting check fraud research
- Effectively communicate and develop business partner relationships with Brand Finance teams
- Adhere to Gap Inc. and department policies and procedures including maintaining confidentiality/data privacy and securing personally identifiable information (PII)
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Understanding of basic to intermediate accounting concepts
- Understanding of month-end accounting close processes
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to embrace change and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated time management and follow-up skills
- Willingness to take on new responsibilities
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize quickly
- Owns responsibility for managing career growth and skills development
- Demonstrated initiative to drive and achieve results
- Accountable for delivering excellent service to customers
- Demonstrate empathy and an understanding of emotional intelligence; maintain professional demeanor in challenging situations
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting (strongly preferred)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (preferred)
- Beginner to Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Access (preferred)
- Previous payroll accounting experience (preferred)
- Experience with Oracle Financials and Workday a plus
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.