Our Technology teams are right at the heart of what we do. Surrounded by some of the best Technology Specialists in the industry, you'll bring your own ideas to the business - helping to shape the experience of our customers as part of a forward-thinking team.
As the Engineering Manager, Development, you will enable frequent deployment of incremental and quality software.
You will provide high-quality engineering capability for a specific Product or Products Groups, and be the technical leader. The role will ultimately be accountable for the quality of the delivery of the products within the channels domain.What You'll Get
The world is changing and it's important we support our colleagues. People are at the heart of what we do at Primark so it's essential we provide the right environment for you to perform at your best. That's why we offer benefits that put you first.Some of our benefits are:
What You'll Do:
- 27 days of leave, plus bank holidays and if you want, you can buy 5 more.
- Flexible Working, the opportunity for an early Friday finish, and a subsidised cafeteria.
- Primark Perks - Discounts with some local partner businesses to our offices
In your role, you'll collaborate with different people across a range of skill sets. Here's a flavour of your day-to-day:
What You'll Bring
- Promote Primark WoW and standards across engineering teams
- Oversight of design and delivery (development, testing and release/deployment) of engineering solutions for backlog items
- Oversight of release to production (Go live) inc. AIS
- 3rd party mgmt. and review, inc. contracts, commercials, performance management
- Ensuring compliance of engineering teams and ensuring timely audit responses to known issues
- Defining the Product Domain minimum viable 'Definition Of Ready' and 'Definition Of Done' with each team
Here at Primark, we want everyone to feel valued - so please bring your authentic self to work, of course with some other key experience and abilities for this role in particular:
- Working knowledge of DevOps and Agile ways of working in a headless eCommerce environment
- Have worked in a Retail Technology organisation or another fast-paced business environment
- An appropriate degree, equivalent qualification, or experience
- Have a solid background in software engineering and support with many years' experience in a variety of systems and technologies.
- Experience building and leading teams of highly skilled engineers from a mix of vendors that deliver high-quality service
- Strong understanding of ITIL and how to pragmatically apply it in a digital world
- Good understanding of testing strategies and reliability engineering
Ready? Good - because we can't wait to see what you can offer. You'll be joining a team of diverse, passionate, and talented individuals where you'll truly belong, collaborating on projects that will shape the future of our industry. If you're excited about this role but don't meet all the criteria, we encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for this role or another one, and our recruitment team Can determine where your skills may fit in at Primark.
Apply to be part of our future and we'll help you develop yours.
If you need any reasonable adjustments or have an accessibility request during your recruitment journey, such as extended time or breaks between online assessments, a sign language interpreter, mobility access, or assistive technology please contact your talent acquisition specialist.
All offers of employment are subject to background checks, including the right to work, reference education and for some roles criminal, and financial checks. If you have any concerns please reach out to our talent acquisition team to discuss.