Our Technology teams are right at the heart of what we do. Surrounded by some of the best Technology Specialists in the industry, you'll bring your own ideas to the business - helping to shape the experience of our customers as part of a forward-thinking team.
As a Data Architect, you will provide expertise and support across the enterprise information framework, including data intake, data transformation, data quality, metadata and master data management, data virtualisation, data governance, data lineage, data services and data lakes.
You will assist in the creation of a Master Data Management capability that will help create a common view of Master Data and a mechanism for its aggregation, cleansing, transformation, augmentation, validation and syndication. What You'll Get
The world is changing and it's important we support our colleagues. People are at the heart of what we do at Primark so it's essential we provide the right environment for you to perform at your best. That's why we offer benefits that put you first.
Some of our benefits are:
What You'll Do:
- 27 days of leave, plus bank holidays and if you want, you can buy 5 more.
- Flexible Working, the opportunity for an early Friday finish, and a subsidised cafeteria.
- Primark Perks - Discounts with some local partner businesses to our offices
In your role, you'll collaborate with different people across a range of skill sets. Here's a flavour of your day-to-day:
What You'll Bring
- Assist in the development of a data strategy roadmap and its incorporation into the wider enterprise roadmap.
- Support Data & Analytics team with the development of metrics for the quality and consistency of data across the enterprise.
- Establish and document standards for data platforms including all aspects of information access and retrieval, integration/transformation, utilities and tools for use in the organisation.
- Assist with the establishment of a Master Data Management capability; support the decommissioning of related legacy applications that provide similar capabilities.
- Establish a common set of enterprise data-related tools and associated best practices for use across the group.
- Support the enterprise data architect in shaping and building of consensus around the enterprise data product vision, strategy and roadmap. This is in alignment with the Data & Analytics team.
- Stakeholder management: Elicit strategic business priorities from the various business customers so that we have a unified and coherent understanding of how the organisation will gain business value from our enterprise data product(s). Advise and educate stakeholders in all data-related matters.
- Prioritisation and project management: Prioritise the business need to ensure that we deliver those capabilities with the greatest impact, lowest effort, and least dependency. In conjunction with the relevant product owners, drive delivery of the backlog, providing clear communication as necessary.
- Work alongside equivalent technology-focused Enterprise Architects to stay informed of and evaluate technologies and solutions in the context of the business's strategic roadmap and information needs, and to select and promote technologies and solutions that further the capabilities and performance of data products at Primark.
Here at Primark, we want everyone to feel valued - so please bring your authentic self to work, of course with some other key experience and abilities for this role in particular:
- 5+ years of information architecture experience, with broad experience across a range of roles within Technology
- 5+ years of commercial IT change and programme experience, demonstrating a high degree of proficiency in data analysis, conceptual and logical modelling and design, and a core understanding of the GDPR and regulatory compliance.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in a quantitative field (Operation Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, Economics, Statistics, Analytics, Management/Business Information Systems (or related degree)
- Knowledge of tools for data architecture design and data modelling
- Knowledge of analytics and BI platforms (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, IBM Cognos).
- Previous experience in large-scale data warehousing.
- Have experience in Agile and Lean Practices.
- Experience in managing and collaborating with vendors.
- Experience in industry frameworks and leading practices for the development of enterprise data architecture (e.g. TOGAF, DAMA, MACH).
- Be an exceptional leader and coach with outstanding influence across the organisation, ready to share your knowledge and keen to help others become the best they can be, an advocate for career paths and identifying development opportunities for members of the community.
Ready? Good - because we can't wait to see what you can offer. You'll be joining a team of diverse, passionate, and talented individuals where you'll truly belong, collaborating on projects that will shape the future of our industry. If you're excited about this role but don't meet all the criteria, we encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for this role or another one, and our recruitment team Can determine where your skills may fit in at Primark.
Apply to be part of our future and we'll help you develop yours.
If you need any reasonable adjustments or have an accessibility request during your recruitment journey, such as extended time or breaks between online assessments, a sign language interpreter, mobility access, or assistive technology please contact your talent acquisition specialist.
All offers of employment are subject to background checks, including the right to work, reference education and for some roles criminal, and financial checks. If you have any concerns please reach out to our talent acquisition team to discuss.