Our Technology teams are right at the heart of what we do. Surrounded by some of the best Technology specialists in the industry, you'll bring your own ideas to the business - helping to shape the experience of our customers as part of a forward-thinking team.
As a Data Analyst, your key area of focus will be to identify trends, patterns, and insights from structured and unstructured data sources. With direction from your Data and Analytics Business Partner, you will be responsible for generating actionable insights via a range of self-service / on-demand reporting solutions and communicating outcomes to business teams.
You will be required to translate complex results into simple conclusions that will empower the business to act. What You'll Get
The world is changing and it's important we support our colleagues. People are at the heart of what we do at Primark so it's essential we provide the right environment for you to perform at your best. That's why we offer benefits that put you first.
Some of our benefits are:
What You'll Do:
- 27 days of leave, plus bank holidays and if you want, you can buy 5 more.
- Flexible Working, the opportunity for an early Friday finish, and a subsidised cafeteria.
- Primark Perks - Discounts with some local partner businesses to our offices
In your role, you'll collaborate with different people across a range of skill sets. Here's a flavour of your day-to-day:
- Work with business stakeholders to establish data and analytics business requirements.
- Collect, interpret and analyse structured and unstructured data to deliver data-driven insight to support strategic business decision-making.
- Extract, transform and load required business datasets.
- Profile and cleanse business datasets before data analysis work.
- Communicate any identified data quality issues to the data governance team.
- Plan, design & develop dashboards, data visualisations and storyboards.
- Collaborate with the wider Data and Analytics team to deliver Data and Analytics products & services that deliver a high business impact.
- Take strategic direction from the Data & Analytics Business Partner.
- Communicate actionable insights to business teams.
What You'll Bring
- Support the development of Data & Analytics skills and knowledge of spoke community members.
Here at Primark, we want everyone to feel valued - so please bring your authentic self to work, of course with some other key experience and abilities for this role in particular:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in a quantitative field (Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, Economics, Statistics, Analytics, Management/Business Information Systems (or related degree))
- 4+ years of demonstrable experience as a data analyst or similar role
- Advanced SQL skills and experience working with data from multiple sources.
- Knowledge of analytics and BI platforms (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, IBM Cognos)
- Data Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) skills are essential.
- Experience with at least one programming language other than SQL e.g., Python.
- The capacity to conduct data quality control and validation.
- Experience with providing clear data visualisations.
- Experience with data analysis techniques and statistical methodologies
- Ability to question and improve ensuring we are continuously improving our processes and measuring the right data.
Ready? Good - because we can't wait to see what you can offer. You'll be joining a team of diverse, passionate, and talented individuals where you'll truly belong, collaborating on projects that will shape the future of our industry. If you're excited about this role but don't meet all the criteria, we encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for this role or another one, and our recruitment team Can determine where your skills may fit in at Primark.
Apply to be part of our future and we'll help you develop yours.
If you need any reasonable adjustments or have an accessibility request during your recruitment journey, such as extended time or breaks between online assessments, a sign language interpreter, mobility access, or assistive technology please contact your talent acquisition specialist.
All offers of employment are subject to background checks, including the right to work, reference education and for some roles criminal, and financial checks. If you have any concerns please reach out to our talent acquisition team to discuss.