Our Technology teams are right at the heart of what we do. Surrounded by some of the best Architects in the industry, you'll bring your ideas to the business - helping to shape the experience of our customers as part of a forward-thinking team.
Primark Technology is midway through a transformation journey to better support and enable business strategy, modernising our technology architecture and our operating model. As a Principal Architect for Digital, you will have the mandate to drive the future of technology and innovation within the Digital area.
You will work closely with cross-functional teams to drive innovation, promote best practices, and design scalable and sustainable technology solutions within Digital. Your expertise will contribute to the successful implementation of technology initiatives across Primark. What You'll Get
The world is changing and it's important we support our colleagues. People are at the heart of what we do at Primark so it's essential we provide the right environment for you to perform at your best. That's why we offer benefits that put you first.
Some of our benefits are:
What You'll Do:
- 27 days of leave, plus bank holidays and if you want, you can buy 5 more.
- Flexible Working, the opportunity for an early Friday finish, and a subsidised cafeteria.
- Primark Perks - Discounts with some local partner businesses to our offices
In your role, you'll collaborate with different people across a range of skill sets. Here's a flavour of your day-to-day:
- Enhance and evolve the technology strategy for Digital channels and drive the technology roadmap based on the overall strategy, including technology estate rationalisation and decommissioning plans.
- Work closely with key business stakeholders, product management teams in the domain and the wider architecture community to design architecture blueprints, evolutionary designs, and assurance for Digital.
- Have overall responsibility for designing solutions that may involve a combination of in-house enterprise-grade solutions and COTS products.
- Work closely with the relevant engineering leads to ensure that solution designs can be translated into working high-quality software and that any technology selections or architectural styles are clearly articulated to the teams.
- Ensure the design is performed with a complete understanding of a product's market and technical objectives while bridging the gap between the technical and non-technical by turning business problems into technical design.
- Develop a long-term vision of technologies and solutions within Digital. Collaborate with Tech leadership in planning and implementation of technology roadmaps. Assist the team in researching solutions, soliciting input from outside industry experts and recommending solutions to meet business requirements.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including senior leaders and technology teams, to define, maintain and enforce architecture principles, standards, and guidelines.
- Develop and maintain relationships with technology vendors and partners, evaluating their capabilities and ensuring effective collaboration.
What You'll Bring
- Share an engaging and inspiring vision with the team and provide clarity and a sense of direction to enable working towards common goals. Generate enthusiasm and commitment within the team and across Primark to shared outcomes.
Here at Primark, we want everyone to feel valued - so please bring your authentic self to work, of course with some other key experience and abilities for this role in particular:
- 7+ years' experience within architecture roles, with 5+ in lead/domain positions, preferably in an agile, at-scale environment (domain/industry expertise).
- Experience of mission-critical High Availability design and deployment in large transaction volume environments
- Deep understanding of domain-driven design, event-driven architecture, integration and other relevant modern design practices
- Previous experience of working within a composable architecture framework (preferred), with exposure and experience of the MACH framework (preferred)
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to evaluate complex technology challenges and develop innovative solutions.
- A plus is membership or affiliation with relevant professional organisations (e.g., TOGAF).
- An affinity for the mission and vision of the Technology function and a passion to play a key role in shaping and achieving the success of the function.
- An entrepreneurial thinker who seeks new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving operational capabilities.
Ready? Good - because we can't wait to see what you can offer. You'll be joining a team of diverse, passionate, and talented individuals where you'll truly belong, collaborating on projects that will shape the future of our industry. If you're excited about this role but don't meet all the criteria, we encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for this role or another one, and our recruitment team Can determine where your skills may fit in at Primark.
Apply to be part of our future and we'll help you develop yours.
If you need any reasonable adjustments or have an accessibility request during your recruitment journey, such as extended time or breaks between online assessments, a sign language interpreter, mobility access, or assistive technology please contact your talent acquisition specialist.
All offers of employment are subject to background checks, including the right to work, reference education and for some roles criminal, and financial checks. If you have any concerns please reach out to our talent acquisition team to discuss. 118671BR