Our Architectural teams are right at the heart of what we do. Surrounded by some of the best Architects in the industry, you'll bring your ideas to the business - helping to shape the experience of our customers as part of a forward-thinking team.
As a Domain Architect, you will facilitate and influence the development of Business and Technology Strategy within Primark. Advising, designing, and governing the solution landscape to ensure Technology solutions directly support business vision. You will provide hands-on management and control of the architecture process and strategic direction of technology to support the Supplier, Product and Planning business communities.
The Domain Architect will work with Technology and Business colleagues cross-functionally to produce the Strategic Roadmap for the domain. The role also works on projects to ensure project delivery aligns with the agreed Primark architecture principles. A key responsibility will be to report architectural options to stakeholders and prepare and present cost-benefit analyses to support current and future solution models.
The role has task management ownership with solution architects with oversight to ensure solutions support the roadmap and future vision. What You'll Get
The world is changing and it's important we support our colleagues. People are at the heart of what we do at Primark so it's essential we provide the right environment for you to perform at your best. That's why we offer benefits that put you first.
Some of our benefits are:
What You'll Do:
- 27 days of leave, plus bank holidays and if you want, you can buy 5 more.
- Flexible Working, the opportunity for an early Friday finish, and a subsidised cafeteria.
- Primark Perks - Discounts with some local partner businesses to our offices
In your role, you'll collaborate with different people across a range of skill sets. Here's a flavour of your day-to-day:
What You'll Bring
- Provide thought leadership in IT strategy, development models, cost-optimisation, innovation, and efficiency improvement.
- Provide detailed guidance to multi-functional teams through project planning and other large collaboration efforts. Promotes an environment of open communication and problem-solving.
- Develop a long-term vision of technologies and solutions. Collaborates with IT leadership in planning and implementing technology roadmaps. Assists the team in researching solutions, solicits input from outside industry experts and recommends solutions to meet business requirements.
- Introduce new technologies into Primark where required and show value to Primark at both cost and functional levels.
- Ability to provide direction and take design ownership for projects delivered by a highly technical team supporting a complex environment.
- Negotiate with key stakeholders involving prioritisation of projects and resources.
- Responsible for identifying cross-directorate and cross-project dependencies, risks and activities and negotiating a resolution to the conflict.
- Development of roadmaps for the whole business and designs and solutions at a technical level.
Here at Primark, we want everyone to feel valued - so please bring your authentic self to work, of course with some other key experience and abilities for this role in particular:
- Educated to degree level in a Computing or business discipline or equivalent.
- Experience of mission-critical High Availability design and deployment in large transaction volume environments
- Previous experience in managing complex integration projects in a highly pressurised environment is a prerequisite.
- Experience in setting and overseeing project development with various vendors to support solutions in a multi-country environment.
- Previous experience in managing large-scale development projects is essential, with Finance solution design on platforms such as Oracle eBusiness Suite, SAP
- Knowledge of Retail business processes ideally within the Procurement, Stock Management Sales and budgeting, Reconciliation & controls, Cash Management, AP/AR/GL/FA, Financial reporting
- Ideally have financial accounting experience and or financial accounting qualification
- Experience in TOGAF and ITIL methodologies and delivering using them.
Ready? Good - because we can't wait to see what you can offer. You'll be joining a team of diverse, passionate, and talented individuals where you'll truly belong, collaborating on projects that will shape the future of our industry. If you're excited about this role but don't meet all the criteria, we encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for this role or another one, and our recruitment team Can determine where your skills may fit in at Primark.
Apply to be part of our future and we'll help you develop yours.
If you need any reasonable adjustments or have an accessibility request during your recruitment journey, such as extended time or breaks between online assessments, a sign language interpreter, mobility access, or assistive technology please contact your talent acquisition specialist.
All offers of employment are subject to background checks, including right to work, reference education and for some roles criminal, and financial checks. If you have any concerns please reach out to our talent acquisition team to discuss. 119429BR