Our Technology teams are right at the heart of what we do. Surrounded by some of the best Architects in the industry, you'll bring your ideas to the business - helping to shape the experience of our customers as part of a forward-thinking team.
As a Business Design Architect, you will deliver Business and Enterprise Architecture services to Primark, initially to Technology leadership in support of the Technology Strategy response to our Primark 2030 Strategic Framework, and in the longer term seek to demonstrate value to our business stakeholders.
You will actively contribute to the development and communication of the Technology Landscape Strategy, and work with stakeholders, Architecture colleagues, and all relevant teams to progress the strategic target architecture.
The Business Design Architect will work with multiple Architecture colleagues, Business partners, Product and technical teams to gather and document the structure of Primark's business systems and technology landscape and deliver architectural insights to senior leaders and decision-makers. What You'll Get
The world is changing and it's important we support our colleagues. People are at the heart of what we do at Primark so it's essential we provide the right environment for you to perform at your best. That's why we offer benefits that put you first.
Some of our benefits are:
What You'll Do:
- 27 days of leave, plus bank holidays and if you want, you can buy 5 more.
- Flexible Working, the opportunity for an early Friday finish, and a subsidised cafeteria.
- Primark Perks - Discounts with some local partner businesses to our offices
In your role, you'll collaborate with different people across a range of skill sets. Here's a flavour of your day-to-day:
- Work with the Architecture team and business leaders to create and maintain Primark's Technology Landscape Strategy and Target Architecture in response to our 2030 Strategic Framework.
- Develop and maintain corporate reference models including but not limited to Business Capability
- Support the development, implementation and operation of the Primark EA tool.
- Drive and promote the adoption of EA Design principles and policies across the Change community.
- Provide advice and guidance support to the Architecture repository user base.
- Deputise for the Business Design Practice Lead as chair of architectural governance meetings as required.
- Represent the Business Design Team on departmental working groups and other bodies.
- Collaborate with Architecture colleagues and key IT functions, e.g., Technology Strategy Office, Lean Portfolio Office, Risk & Control teams, to understand and deliver Enterprise Architecture and Business Architecture analysis and insight
What You'll Bring
- Share an engaging and inspiring vision with the team and provide clarity and a sense of direction to enable working towards common goals. Generate enthusiasm and commitment within the team and across Primark to shared outcomes.
Here at Primark, we want everyone to feel valued - so please bring your authentic self to work, of course with some other key experience and abilities for this role in particular:
- Educated to degree level in a Computing or business discipline or equivalent.
- Understanding of TOGAF and ADM methodologies would be an advantage.
- Experience and high level of understanding in business process analysis, capture and documentation.
- Superior documentation and diagramming skills.
- Good understanding of current IT technologies.
- Broad understanding of System integration technologies.
- Experience working in an Enterprise architectural function would be an advantage.
- Experience in business governance.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
Ready? Good - because we can't wait to see what you can offer. You'll be joining a team of diverse, passionate, and talented individuals where you'll truly belong, collaborating on projects that will shape the future of our industry. If you're excited about this role but don't meet all the criteria, we encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for this role or another one, and our recruitment team Can determine where your skills may fit in at Primark.
Apply to be part of our future and we'll help you develop yours.
If you need any reasonable adjustments or have an accessibility request during your recruitment journey, such as extended time or breaks between online assessments, a sign language interpreter, mobility access, or assistive technology please contact your talent acquisition specialist.
All offers of employment are subject to background checks, including the right to work, reference education and for some roles criminal, and financial checks. If you have any concerns please reach out to our talent acquisition team to discuss.