Marla Aaron is a leading jewelry brand based in New York City. We are currently seeking a Business Manager to join our team and help lead how we manage our existing roster of worldwide accounts and (very) selectively drive targeted growth in markets around the world.
Reports to the Founder/CEO.
- Execute wholesale orders from start to finish, from initial communication, to shipment with excellent attention to detail. You are our stores’ advocate but also our cheerleader
- Responsible for the sales cycle from lead to sale
- Track sales and identify performance trends
- Maintain an exceptional level of service to all accounts
- Understand that while the clients are external, cross functional communication internally is critical to success in the role. With this information, partner effectively with other areas of the business to ensure store needs/challenges are met and properly executed
- Maintain regular, ongoing communication and planning with existing accounts around the world; develop strong relationships with those accounts and prospects
- Manage and deliver exciting, informative training content to help our accounts succeed with our brand and products
- Maintain a plan of wholesale training sessions that occur regularly, virtually and in person
- Manage and develop a Junior Account Executive to work autonomously to motivate, maintain, replenish and support the accounts
- Work closely with marketing director to develop an ongoing wholesale branding platform that will be implemented across our stores internationally, ensuring that the Marla Aaron brand is properly showcased in our stores around the world
- Trunk show qualification, scheduling, preparation and attendance
- Work closely with the inventory manager to ensure stock levels are adequate based on sales
- Learn, possess, and present product knowledge as it pertains to pricing, availability, and options for the Marla Aaron Brand
- Maintain a regular schedule of store visits, working on the floor with store sales teams, the implementation of incentive programs and driving constantly to understand the unique business needs of our stores and how we can support their goals using sales reports to create informed growth projections for each wholesale account with the understanding that they are each unique
Experience Level: Manager, 5+ years of Wholesale experience; Management experience preferred
Salary Range: $100,000-120,000
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role at a luxury goods company
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly, with curiosity and enthusiasm, to meet and work with our stores around the world
- Have rigorous attention to detail
- When you make mistakes, you own them.
- Ask questions when you don't understand.
- Are able to empathize and have the ability to put yourself in the customer's shoes
- Find the positive in negative situations.
- Know how to communicate effectively by phone, email, text, social media and in person
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Workplace, and have a desire and ability to learn the technology necessary to improve workflow, whatever that may be.
- Love organization in a Marie Kondo sort of way.
- Love jewelry and fashion but you love the human race even more.
- Are willing to take on tasks that may fall outside of your job description --this will happen--you roll with it.
We are a rebellious little company and we make jewelry and other objects in New York City. They are beautiful and people seem to love them. What began with one lock is now an entire collection designed to be worn in infinite ways and used as “jewel tools” with individuals’ own collections—to redefine the “precious” in jewelry with individuality. The collection is sold online and in select independent stores in the US and around the world and even in a vending machine or two.
We are an equal opportunity employer for whom diversity and inclusion are a passion and a commitment.
We provide health insurance as well as dental and vision plans.
401K matching program.
Access to personal and professional development coaching and support.
Other benefits such as transit vouchers, discounts at certain gyms and retailers.
“Errand Day” (you’ll learn about that if you come in for an interview).
Our offices are decidedly “unoffice like” and fill a full floor on 47th street in the heart of New York’s Diamond District. Our fridge is also filled with great food.