At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
You will support the HR Operations goal of optimal service delivery through providing comprehensive, accurate and commercial HR advice to the designated client group as appropriate, adhering to legislation and Company policy at all times, where you will work in close partnership with the appropriate HR Manager and the business area.
The client group encompasses the Southern Europe Retail Region, supporting the Commercial and Teams (scope: circa 120 employees) across the following countries:
- Be the link between ER and the business, advising on policy and aligning the business to existing and new HR policy
- Manage ER casework as required, involving consultation, grievances, disciplinary, performance management and settlement agreements. Casework involvement will mainly be at a senior / complex / high risk level
- To support line managers within designated client group both informally and formally on all employee relations issues
- Liaising with local trade unions with meetings and planning agreements (if applicable) according to the law
- Supporting stores to deliver commercial strategy through people
- To support and coach line managers within the designated client group on operational HR issues ensuring that high quality, appropriate advice is given
- To support and coach line managers on absence management, in particular in cases of long term absence; utilising the external Occupational Health provider and Corporate Health and Safety Manager where appropriate
Business Partner Support
- To support the Senior HR Manager, in partnership with Finance, to track actual spend against forecast on a monthly basis using knowledge of new starters, leavers and employee changes within designated client group
- Prepare business justification/rationale for headcount expenditure which is outside of budget.
- Utilizing internal and external benchmarks, consulting with the and Reward Team to provide support and guidance to the Talent Acquisition team in relation to the appropriate remuneration to be extended when offering to potential hires within the designated client group
- Proven experience in generalist HR Advisor/ER Advisor/Assistant HR Manager role
- Understanding of the retail/hospitality/luxury goods industry
- Confidence to handle employee relations cases
- Highly experienced and proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Fluency in [Spanish/ /Italian] & English essential
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Thrives on making recommendations that provide solutions and efficiencies.
- University degree/CIPD desirable
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.