At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
The Sourcing Manager manages a team responsible for the seasonal placement, management and delivery of production, in a manner congruent with the calendar, delivery and margin goals of the division. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise vendors of seasonal buying/production calendar, unit plans & negotiate minimums as applicable, working with Planning for guidance on unit projections for main line & replenishment.
- Source new Vendors and manage counter-sourcing with sourcing offices abroad.
- Partner with product dev. each season to determine sourcing needs based on product
- Study pre-buy vs. actual & work with raw materials team to identify shortfalls across division
- Provide seasonal forecasts to logistics team to anticipate production flow into warehouses
- Responsible for accuracy of 'Final Range' data in SAP and PLM
- Manage final price negotiations & margin, providing seasonal price analyses across vendors and product categories
- Monitor on-time deliveries from vendors, troubleshooting with team & business partners as necessary
- Partner with Technical Services each season on fit approval dates required by production calendar & ensure compliance
- Partner with quality assurance and Sourcing Offices abroad to resolve quality issues as needed
- Negotiate FG and raw material costs with vendors/mills, with support of Raw Materials procurement and design team
- Work with global CR to ensure timely approval of vendors and alignment with global requirements.
- Partner with Director of Sourcing on seasonal counter-sourcing needs vis a vis vendors, pricing, raw materials, sampling etc.
- Proven experience in Sourcing, preferably in production/manufacturing managerial roles
- Strong costing & negotiation skills, preferably at multi-country level
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications
- Excellent verbal/written communication & time management skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with peers and cross-functional business partners
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-through
- Willingness to travel if required
- Organized, efficient, self-motivated, solution-oriented individual
- Works well as both team leader & team member
- Ability to react to change
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || SC CENTRAL OPERATIONS || SOURCING WOMENSWEAR || n/a ||