The Accounting Associate (Accounting Supervisor, CBA Title) position is responsible for various tasks related to the accounting operations of the College; such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank deposits, vendor relations, year-end reporting, and other accounting and high-level administrative tasks. This position works closely with management and other team members to ensure accuracy, timeliness and compliance of all financial transactions. Responsibilities:
- Review, analyze, organize and process invoices by ensuring all financial documents are matched, checked, coded and entered correctly in the Finance Enterprise system.
- Provide guidance and direction to other staff members who are involved in the process ensuring that they understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Complete fund transfers by wire and online for the College, Auxiliary Corporations and Ed Foundation, including communicating with other departments, banks and vendors.
- Research and resolve payment questions and issues by coordinating with relevant parties and ensuring accuracy and timeliness of payments.
- Prepare and distribute journal entries by reviewing and analyzing the data and ensuring compliance with accounting standards and policies.
- Review and process check deposits by verifying the general ledger codes and accounts, and recording the transactions in the system.
- Review and process facilities rental invoices by reconciling A/R, general ledger and new customer vendor accounts, and resolve any discrepancies or issues.
- Review and process bank positive pay system by uploading and reviewing positive pay items, and resolving any exceptions or errors.
- Liaise and coordinate with Accounting, Accounts Payable and other departments to ensure smooth workflow and collaboration.
- Provide support and assistance as needed to other staff members, auditors and external parties.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or other business related major required.
- 3-5 years of appropriate business experience required preferably in higher education, not-for-profit or in the public sector.
- Strong knowledge of principles in accounting, finance, and bookkeeping.
- Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft and finance processing systems.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, and detail oriented.
- Effective multitasking and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess high level of integrity, and work ethics.
Please note all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the background check process. Salary
Salary: $66,187 per year
The UCE-FIT Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) dictates the compensation, benefits, and conditions of employment. Hiring Salary: $66,187 per year with step increments per Salary Schedule 93, after one year of service and annually thereafter. Bargaining Unit Title
Accounting Supervisor (CBA) Work Schedule
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department. Benefits
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) provides comprehensive employee benefit programs designed to help keep our faculty and staff and their families healthy, safe, happy, and productive. Our programs also include a variety of components to help our employees improve the quality and balance of their work and family lives, and to help them prepare for their futures.
- Retirement Plans
- Health Care Plan and Dental Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- FIT Tuition Exemption Program
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Sick and Holidays)
- 4-day Summer Workweek
- Qualifying Employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program
For a full list of FIT benefits, visit our benefits webpage . Pay Equity by State Employers
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com. Visa Sponsorship
Fashion Institute of Technology is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, firstname.lastname@example.org. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirements
This position will be required to constantly read and comprehend, occasionally perform calculations, constantly verbally communicate, frequently analyze, and constantly write. The working conditions for this position will be on campus, primarily in an office environment. The physical requirement for this position will require occasional sitting, constant standing, occasional bending, frequent walking, and occasionally lifting 10 lbs. or less. Application Instructions:
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your submitted application materials.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Please note that due to the volume of applications, we will not be able to contact each applicant individually.
Additional information about the Fashion Institute of Technology can be found at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites nominations and applications for an Accounting Associate.