About this job:
This programme is crafted for people of colour, outside of the fashion, luxury and beauty industries, who have always wanted to build a career within these sectors. If you possess a minimum of 4 years' experience in domains such as Accounting, Business Development, Finance, HR, IT, Legal, Marketing, Sales, Strategy and Supply Chain, we invite you to participate in our incubator programme, tailored to support your transition into these fields.
The Outsiders Perspective is a not-for-profit accelerator incubator that matches professionals from diverse backgrounds, outside of the fashion, luxury and beauty industries, access to opportunities across Operational, Commercial and Marketing functions, to increase under representation in these roles.
Our programme is designed to provide a dynamic platform for experienced individuals to learn and drive ground-breaking ideas forward. As a leading incubator in the industry, we bring together a diverse community of leaders, mentors, and resources to support and catalyse the transition of these individuals into our industries.
We are dedicated to fostering innovation, creativity, and excellence in the fashion, luxury and beauty sectors, in partnership with our growing list of clients, which include; Alexander McQueen, Burberry, Chanel, Dunhill and many more.
As a participant in our programme, you will have a unique opportunity to Learn, gain Mentorship and get access to Resources:
- Learn: Benefit from curated workshops and network events, led by industry experts covering a wide range of topics
- Mentorship: Receive personalised guidance and mentorship from The Outsider’s Perspective team, to support you in navigating into an evolving industry.
- Resources: Access a wealth of resources, from research insights, future opportunities, and connections to potential employers.
- A Person of colour? This is the founding purpose of The Outsiders Perspective.
- Currently working OUTSIDE the fashion, luxury and beauty industries and want to make a career move?
- Passionate about fashion, luxury or beauty? Is this something you’ve always dreamed of, and can you demonstrate that you have tried to access the industry in the past 12 months.
- A high achiever in your field? You will be able to demonstrate your achievements to date.
- Passionate about driving positive change and contributing to the evolution of the fashion, luxury, and beauty sectors?
- Committed to transitioning into the fashion, luxury, and beauty industries? From the training programme through to employment will be an ongoing journey.
- Committed to attending 7 evening workshops and a network event?
- Living and have the right to work in the UK?
- Finally, are you up for it?
If you are selected to become a candidate, the 3-week programme is free of charge. A unique opportunity to gain a wealth of experience from industry, to meet some of the most senior and brilliant people leading the charge today and a brilliant way to build your network, so you’re supported as you embark on your transition, all funded by our brand partners. To be a successful and to gain a place on this unique and privileged course, we want to ensure that all candidates are dedicated for the duration & demonstrate a genuine commitment.
You are expected to attend 7 x evening workshops that take place in-person in central London, over a 3-week period. And 1 x network event also hosted in central London at the end of the course. While attending all workshops and the network event is important, it's equally crucial that candidates remain actively engaged beyond these initial stages. Candidates who do not sustain their engagement afterward may not align with our programme's goals and may not be the right person for The Outsiders Perspective.
Workshop Dates for Programme 4, 2024:
- Tuesday 9th April. 18.30-21.00
- Wednesday 10th April. 18.30-21.00
- Tuesday 16th April. 18.30-21.00
- Wednesday 17th April. 18.30-21.00
- Monday 22nd April. 18.30-21.00
- Tuesday 23rd April. 18.30-21.00
- Wednesday 24th April. 18.30-21.00
- Network Event - Monday 29th/Tuesday 30th April. 18.30-21.00
Please note that all workshops take place in a central London location and are conducted in-person only. The network event is also located in central London. These dates and times are subject to change and The Outsiders Perspective endeavour to give all successful candidates suitable notice of these changes.
Application Process: To apply for the Fashion, Luxury and Beauty Programme, please register your interest now and complete the required steps to proceed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for 2 stages of interview to further discuss their potential contributions to the programme.
Join us in shaping the future of fashion, luxury and beauty. Register now and be a catalyst for industry transformation.