Do you have a passion for circular economy in the sportswear industry? At On, we have a north star to be fossil free and fully circular one day. Join us on this exciting journey!
We are looking for an engaged and highly motivated Circularity Lead to take the lead in researching, identifying, acquiring and driving new knowledge and new opportunities for all aspects related to circularity.
As Circularity Lead, you will oversee and support the overall growth and success of circularity related initiatives within On while you will monitor the performance with aspects related to circular economy.
- On a personal level, you can engage with stakeholders from various backgrounds and levels and can build reliable professional relationships.
- You are reliable and driven by a spirit of collaboration, constantly challenging yourself and others to innovate.
- You are practical and competent, and excited to make an impact and scale it up.
- Build and execute on our differentiating circular economy strategy with ongoing and planned initiatives in product end of use, business model innovation and circular product design.
- Driving large, company-changing projects from idea to execution with a wide range of internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate circular economy principles into our business operations and product offerings (e.g. in innovation, marketing, operations, design logistics and retail).
- Work with Design teams to ensure that circular design is integrated into all product development at design/concept stage.
- Work with logistics and operations to operationalise circularity.
- Scouting for & onboarding innovative solutions, external services or white label providers.
- Ability to relentlessly push through ambitious circularity targets with a fact-based, operationally-pragmatic approach.
- Apply operational experience to ensure the successful implementation of circular economy initiatives, including identifying potential operational challenges and developing solutions to overcome them.
- Identifying, formulating, and acquiring relevant project and partnership projects and opportunities in line with ON's sustainability strategy.
- Monitor and report on the progress of circular economy initiatives, providing regular updates to senior leadership and a wide variety of internal stakeholders.
- Keep the organization informed on policy and legislative matters linked to circularity and extended producer responsibility.
- Maintaining and advancing internal and external guidelines, policies, and training modules.
- Educating and exciting the organization on circularity.
- 10+ years working experience in circularity
- Bachelor or professional qualification in ESG.
- Track record of creating and leading circularity programs.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to manage a broad range of projects and stakeholders.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) plus other languages is a plus.
- You live by the Survivor Spirit, are a thought leader who goes above and beyond to challenge the status quo and doesn't settle with the "industry standard" ESG practices.
- You are a visionary leader with a down-to-earth attitude. You not only define and articulate a long term mission, but are keen to drive execution and collaborate on problem solving with key internal stakeholders.
- You have a deep and nuanced understanding of the circular design and circular business models.
- You have familiarity with key concepts and players, market dynamics, current and future innovation.
- You have a good network of solution providers/innovators in the circularity/ESG field.
Meet The Team
We are a small team with big responsibilities. We design and implement the sustainability strategy across the entire company and help shape the future of the organization. We do research, create strategies and implement projects related to innovative products, processes and business models through the lens of sustainability. As the lead of the team, you would also have the important task of developing and expanding the current team across regions.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.