On's Store Leader based in Melbourne, will help shape and define how the most exciting and fastest growing global running shoe brand in the world will operate On's first store in Australia. This role is responsible for the store's overall performance and delivering exceptional customer service every day. You will leverage your leadership skills and business savviness to help make the store a huge success.
By continuously embodying and communicating On's values and brand philosophy to internal and external customers, you will have the opportunity to create an inclusive workplace culture by treating all employees and customers with respect. By developing inclusive connections with partners and influential community figures, and actively participating in diverse community initiatives and resources, you will be enhancing brand recognition within the broader community in a new market.
- Manage schedules for all store associates, collaborate with our talent team on administrative processes (e.g; payroll, onboarding, career progressions, and recruiting)
- Act as the in-store troubleshooting expert for On's store systems
- Oversee inventory management and processes, including minimizing annual inventory shrink
- Support piloting innovative digital solutions in retail environments by working closely with our retail tech and omnichannel team(s)
- Execute product strategy and work closely with our sales planning and trade marketing team(s) for assortment selection and visual merchandising
- Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry and monitor what competitor brands are doing
- Develop and sustain local connections with ambassadors, fitness leaders, and external partners through the identification, selection, training, and facilitation of relationship-building efforts ensuring ongoing engagement and rapport
- 5+ years of experience in a retail setting; 3+ years in a management role at a customer-focused, operationally excellent retailer
- Background in the Running Industry (preferred but not required)
- Ability to confidently lead a team, oversee operations, sell product, and drive financial performance
- Inventory management experience
- Exceptional organizational skills and aptitude to proactively anticipate future store needs
- Entrepreneurial spirit who expects the unexpected
Physical Demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing, climbing stairs, and standing for consecutive hours. It also includes stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
Travel Requirements: Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time; travel percentage will fluctuate based on business needs
Working hours: This role will need to have the ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed.
Meet The Team
This is your opportunity to become a core part of On's Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) Store Retail team in Melbourne and, together with the expert team, grow and educate our communities across the globe. The Retail team works with a diverse set of stakeholders from the sales and marketing to operations teams, connecting with people day to day-to-day - creating unforgettable experiences and empowering them to move with the right products.
It's no easy feat, and it takes a personal touch. We're sharing our values with the world - and spreading the feeling of 'Wow' in person.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.