Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way. OVERVIEW:
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative and internal operational support to BLT level leadership for different business units at Bloomingdale's. The individual will assist with the daily departmental functions, including vendor and colleague interaction, providing support to individual BLT as well as the total department as necessary. The responsibilities will include calendar/travel management, generating reports, and creating power point presentations. The ideal candidate must possess very strong communication and organization skills, with proficient knowledge of the tools utilized by the BLT (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and be adaptive to learn Google affiliated tools). Discretion and confidentiality is required as this position has access to highly sensitive information and serves as the gatekeeper to senior level leadership. He/She must also be professional, reliable, proactive, engaging, possess a sense of urgency, prioritization, and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Key Responsibilities
- Support all BLT members on floor and serve as primary point of contact for visitors.
- Anticipate business needs and proactively address workload by identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and standardization
- Manage an active calendar, set-up meetings and appointments for BLT members. Proactively determine and implement ways to reduce calendar conflicts.
- Generate reports and coordinate the collection of business related recaps. Print and/or digitally organize as requested. Run macros, pull and compile information for analysis, readily leverage Excel formulas and format to create spreadsheets, business recaps and manage projects (inclusive of deadlines as appropriate)
- Closely partner with BLTs to address day to day business needs and administrative requirements inclusive of but not limited collecting POS offers, Need to Know Information, submitting signage forms, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of tools as appropriate to create effective presentations
- Handle phone calls, complete expense reports and arrange travel for BLT leaders
- Provide operational support for New Hires, including but not limited to, systems access, equipment, invites appropriate emails.
- Provide technical expertise and troubleshooting support for BLT members (all equipment, computers, printers, phones, LAN setup).
- Maintain Org Charts for the supported BLT areas, update monthly and post to intranet
- Work proactively with all internal and external departments
- Cover main reception area as appropriate on a rotational basis
- Oversee special projects as assigned
- Maintain office supplies and order new supplies as needed
- Plan team events (volunteer events, lunches, team meetings, etc)
- We encourage candidates with either a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field to apply.
- Strong communication skills and high customer service orientation
- Highly organized and responsive
- Ability to readily pivot in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on company needs.
- This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and the office equipment. May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment. May involve occasional lifting up to 20 lbs.