Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Logistics Transformation Directing Leader will provide direction, leadership, guidance, and judgement for Ralph Lauren's Logistics Transformation program and individual projects. The position requires an understanding of the Company's logistics (and adjacent) functions and work processes to support business partner requirements in a distribution/warehouse environment. The Logistics Transformation Directing Leader will be responsible for taking the ideas of business partners and converting them into formal, planned, staffed and funded projects. They will manage project work and act on variances from the plan as well as bring projects to closure, document project execution, and suggest process improvements. They must be able to determine specific skill/experience/knowledge requirements of personnel necessary to successfully complete a project and must be able to research and evaluate information used in the development, enhancement or maintenance of a system/support process to satisfy business needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Provide proactive leadership and direction for project teams performing complex tasks while planning, implementing, and maintaining a project organization structure.
* Create work plans, schedule a project and identify the relationships between work tasks using standard project management tools. Identify resources necessary to accomplish project tasks and the appropriate work effort required from those resources. Direct all personnel resources necessary for a project. Monitor the progress of tasks in the work plan and identify situations requiring change control.
* Track and report project actual expenditures as compared to the budget and effectively manage the project to successful completion within tolerances. Monitor the project direction, ensure the project scope is maintained and insure appropriate change control procedures are followed.
* Ability to re-plan a project or recommend project termination (if necessary) to reflect changes to priorities, cost, scope, schedule, budget and resource availability.
* Manage multiple and complex projects, using an approved development methodology to guide completion and ensure outcome. Directly and indirectly leads project team members by assigning work, coordinating resources, and reviewing work results to deliver value.
* Engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels across the organization, including technical subject matter experts, business partners, vendors, and managers.
* Prepare effective written correspondence and effectively present information in a group setting. Communicate frequently with management and business partners to clarify and resolve issues/concerns. Occasionally present to executive staff a proposal, a recommendation, or provide status reports.
* Demonstrate broad knowledge of a business partner's processes and the ability to assist and/or lead the business partner in process change in a proactive manner.
* Provide support for corporate initiatives including Customer Collaboration, Sustainability, New Business development and other to help determine feasibility, quality, and implementation strategy.
* Provide input and makes recommendations to management for resources, budget, projects and priorities by communicating results, needs, schedules, and other tasks.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Significant and relevant logistics experience in managing large projects.
* Notable business development experience (e.g. managing opportunity pipelines and driving overall prioritization of requests).
* Candidates must have an MBA, Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or relevant experience. Extensive experience with formal project management in logistics/supply chain operational field.
* Deep knowledge of omni-channel (Wholesale, Bricks & Mortar, and E-commerce) logistics/distribution processes & systems, with particular emphasis on apparel & footwear industry.
* Experience designing Distribution/Logistics operations and systems, inclusive of Material Handling Equipment (i.e. racking/storage structures, sortation systems, automation, etc.) a strong plus.
* Experience predicting and monitoring risks for large, complex projects with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
* Ability to lead virtual teams in a highly collaborative team environment and ability to resolve conflict, while fostering a collaborative and communicative environment
* Able to conduct, write, and implement feasibility studies and to prepare and present information in relevant business terminology.
* Strong interpersonal communication skills and problem-solving skills.
* Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, and facilitation skills.
* Self-starter/self-motivated, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision.
* Overtime may be required to meet deadlines.