The Blue Box.
The name Tiffany & Co. instills images of Beauty, Romance and the iconic Blue Box. It is a Symbol of Excellence. Since 1837, the masterpieces of Tiffany & Co. have defined style and celebrated the world's great love stories.
- Are you passionate about Retail?
- Do you love making a difference?
- Join Tiffany & Co. and be part of the largest luxury group in the world - LVMH!
The Retail Director will lead sales, operations, and client service delivery in the Australian and New Zealand market, surpassing sales and profitability targets. Partnering with Store Managers, they set and execute sales strategies, inspire store teams, and ensure consistency in processes and client experience. As an entrepreneurial leader, the Retail Director understands the local market, builds client relationships, develops talent pipelines, and identifies business opportunities, fostering a culture of service excellence and client development for brand desirability. The Retail Director must model and champion our core belief; People Make the Difference and our values; Be Creative & Innovative, Deliver Excellence and Cultivate an Entrepreneurial Spirit. About the Role.
Client Development & Client Service
- Oversee the implementation of Company-wide sales initiatives and develop local initiatives and partnerships that complement the overall Company objectives
- Drive user progression in the Client Survey by coaching, considering survey questions, and promptly addressing feedback to enhance client service across teams
- Ensure a strong management presence on the sales floor, role modeling sales & service behaviors and coaching the team on the selling ceremony
- Develop effective outreach strategies, event strategies and concepts, instill an always on private appointment culture to create unique client experiences
- Cultivate new and existing high value client for local, regional and global selling events
- Develop local market initiatives in partnership with Marketing, PR and CVM in order to create unique experiences for our existing and potential clients and to maximize exposure within the community
Management & Staff Development
- Develop and elevate talent to create a high-performing team for exceptional service and sales.
- Champion the creation and execution of a developmental plan for each employee
- Utilize the performance management process (monthly, quarterly and annually) to improve team performance
- Address significant performance issues promptly by collaborating closely with Human Resources, creating action plans, and systematically offboarding underperforming employees.
- Proactively network within the market to build external talent pipelines and cultivate internal pipelines for leadership roles, ensuring effective succession planning.
- Collaborate with Store Manager and Client Development resources to coach and develop talent, particularly High Jewelry Client Advisors.
Sales & Financial Management
- Develops and implements strategic action plans, manages progress, reviews plan monthly and adjusts to deliver growth target
- Drive the business through the key product pillars
- Ensure inventory accuracy is high and shrinkage is minimized
- Ensure operational and audit compliance standards are met/exceeded for the market
- Trains and empowers operations resources to manage facilities, security, rostering, store administration, shipping, replenishment of merchandise and non-sales supplies
Market Management & Cross-functional Teaming
- Oversee and ensure that all visual merchandising standards are executed and adhered to in order to create a superior customer experience
- Merchandising management in order to ensure appropriate product assortments and stock levels so that sales can be maximized
- Ensure that all stores and facilities are maintained to Company standards and Company policies on an ongoing basis by working closely with Finance, Operations & Real Estate management, Security management
- Stay current on all industry/competitor news within the market
- Support ad-hoc projects as they arise
Work Health Safety
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of yourself and others at work
- Compliance with systems put in place to manage health and safety
- Understanding of how to perform your job in a safe manner
- Adherence to established procedures for employee injury and incident reporting
- Compliance with Work Health Safety Management System policy and procedures
This is just the beginning.
- 10+ years management experience with emphasis on direct client contact, preferably within a jewelry or luxury retailer.
- Demonstrated experience in meeting/exceeding sales and profitability targets
- University degree or equivalent life/work experience.
- Computer experience including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, e-mail and Point of Sale systems.
- Non-traditional business hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Self-starter, strategic thinker, problem solver.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel
- Diamond certificate (will be required on development plan in the first year if not present at hire).
- Gemological background and education is preferable