Paul Smith is one of Britain’s leading independent design companies. We champion positivity, curiosity and creativity. These qualities underpin every Paul Smith design, whether it’s a shirt, a shop or a special collaboration. Reaffirming the values that Paul set down in 1970, ‘classic with a twist’ remains the guiding principle of the company. Happily positioned between high fashion and formalwear, while taking reference from both, Paul Smith has always been proud to stand apart.
The primary function of this role is to support the business with regards to point of sale (POS), ERP to POS interfaces and offering retail operations IT support.
You will be the principal contact for retail operations, managing and logging support tickets. You will work closely with our POS provider to find solutions in a timely manner and feedback regular updates to the users on their tickets. The role will also involve working as a liaison between users and technical teams to support the development of new system functionality.
• Be a central contact for the retail operations and wider business with regards to POS system issues. Logging issues accordingly through the support portal or triaging these to relevant teams.
• Regularly communicating updates on support tickets and documenting the solutions that are found for future reference.
• Building knowledge on system configurations to aid logging tickets with our POS provider to supply them with more information.
• Help provide additional 2nd/3rd line support on projects and assistance with network services for POS support.
• Work closely with other System Support Analysts to gain a better understanding of the full retail operations workflows, including the prima interface and prima role.
• Maintain and update SharePoint as a central place for ‘guides’ on training and process documentation.
• Develop technical knowledge to assist in the development of new functionality, POS/ERP upgrades, testing and rollouts of other services.
• Act as a point of contact between business system support, network services and retail operations.
• Maintain UAT (User Acceptance Testing) test plans and help with larger testing such as upgrades.
• Maintain a technical understanding such as basic configurations, housekeeping in programmes, basic SQL to look at scheduled tasks and table sizes/volume of data.
Your Skills and Experience
• Computer literate in Microsoft products.
• Experience using tools like Microsoft Excel to manage and manipulate data for problem solving and analysis.
• Experience of using ERP/Warehousing software such as Prima, Cegid or similar would be advantageous.
• Proven experience in a Business Operations Support role such as dealing with user queries, project planning or business analysis would be desirable.
Who you are
• Have excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate, written and verbally at all levels.
• Good attention to detail and trouble shooting skills.
• Capable to plan, organise and prioritise to achieve deadlines and work under pressure in a busy environment.
• Own the ability to remain calm under pressure, be self-motivated and work on own initiative.
• Be reliable, helpful and polite.
What’s in it for you
• A generous clothing allowance.
• Discretionary discount on PSL goods.
• An annual leave entitlement of 25 days, plus Bank Holidays.
• Flexi-time and hybrid working.
• Holiday trading.
• Pension Scheme.
• Cycle to work and travel loan schemes.
At Paul Smith, we celebrate and encourage applications from all walks of life into our growing workforce. We are committed to empowering people from any background, belief system, or ethnicity, offering an inclusive environment where talent is recognised and valued.