INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
- Review planning and forecasting outputs and communicate KPIs to relevant team members
- Work closely with Demand Planners to understand expected forecasts
- Assist in the development of the Demand Plan where needed; determine what is required in the demand, supply and inventory plans to support business needs
- Support demand team in the mitigation of specific factors (demand drivers, supply constraints) relevant within the category which must be carefully managed in the S&OP process
- Support any action plans involving price adjustments
- Develop and test different options for stock size, composition and age profile and recommend optimum stock model to support agreed Demand and business plans
- Implement inventory strategies based on cost benefit analysis as defined by the strategic objectives and goals
- Set KPIs that align with multiple stakeholders' objectives for inventory optimization to attain short term and long term goals
- Lead supply planning efforts across functions to optimally fulfill business needs, including leading the S&OP process where required
- Identify supply constraints which are business critical and work with supply partners to try and improve them to enable improved planning, inventory and service levels
- Identify gaps in current supply or Demand plans and propose remedial action
- Leverage order generation algorithms to ensure stock availability
- Monitor supply planning adherence to demand plan
- Communicate to all relevant stakeholders about adherence to agreed inventory levels to ensure maintenance of performance and immediate response to developing issues
- Identify constraints and options on available space and alert the business to impending issues
- Develop suppliers to achieve capability levels required to support our business
- Secure supplier involvement in internal company initiatives where relevant (joint planning and stock management, new product development etc) to give the business a strategic advantage
- Lead the specification and agreement of KPIs and SLAs with key suppliers ensuring legal compliance
- Conduct an assortment of negotiations to accomplish organization objectives
- Create options for contracting, sourcing, relationships or risk improvement, using the category sourcing frameworks
- Assist in the setting of sourcing strategies to develop new and emerging sources of supply
- Validate assumptions and robustness of sourcing strategies
- Assess existing and prospective suppliers' capabilities against evolving business needs and ensure that the business has an adequate and sustainable supply base
- Ensure gaps in current and/or potential capabilities are clearly identified and plans are developed to deal with them
- Apply cost modelling techniques to internal flow of money and explain implications on revenue to management
- Implement financial analysis methods such as cost volume profit and cost/price models
- Identify, propose and, if required, implement agreed changes of portfolio mix in order to optimise the price/mix ratio
- Assess sources of supply and costs using multitiered supply chain costing approaches and apply them throughout the life of a supply agreement
- Identify and implement, where required, opportunities to reduce cost and/or supply risk
- Assess macro-economic factors impacting the costs of products and follow trends to identify potential issues and opportunities
- Leverage market data to analyse any type of external risk (macro-economic risks, foreign exchange risk) and recommend action plan to mitigate risks
- Design a framework on the acceptable levels of risk for the business in coordination with the business leadership
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor degree of supply chain or any relevant field.
- Fluency in English Language.
- From 1-2 years of Experience as supply planner or site merchandiser.
- Great understanding of the various techniques of handling inbound and outbound cargoes
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience in using Oracle is preferable
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department SUPPLY CHAIN & LOGISTICS Role Supply Planner