At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
This position will concretely support the development processes and the collection building, in order to launch exclusive developments with suppliers.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Raw materials management, including Leather, fabrics, technique and print finishing processes, in order to launch exclusive developments with suppliers
- Work with multiple projects and cross functional teams
- Partnering closely with Design teams.
- Responsible for understanding of product cost
- Responsible for testing parameters on materials, quality requirements and fundamentals of chemicals used in finishing
- Implement and manage the critical path
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with vendors
- Proven experience in similar role and/or similar brand
- Understanding of development processes, collection building and seasonal dates
- Technical understanding of Accessories and Leather Goods
- Knowledge of the global supplier market
- Excel essential and InDesign skills preferable
- Fluent in English and Italian
- Process and systems knowledge and experience - PLM and SAP.
- Solution orientated: problem solver, flexible and adaptable, resilient
- Strong communication and partnership skills: relationship cultivator- negotiator, influencer and collaborator internally and externally
- Strong time management skills and ability to work in a high paced environment
- Attention to detail and business acumen
- Passion for fashion and product : knowledge of trends, markets, peer awareness and luxury consumer
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Italy || Not Applicable || Florence || PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT || NO DEPARTMENT - FPT9017 || n/a ||