Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Architecture & Design Manager is responsible for the design and development of Ralph Lauren shop-in-shops in the EMEA Region, applying the latest design standards to all projects and ensuring each shop reflects an elevated brand experience for our customers. Under the supervision of the Architecture & Design Senior Manager, s/he coordinates all aspects of a new project from ideation to completion, working closely with internal partners, consultants and suppliers to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Design Ralph Lauren shop-in-shops that reflect the latest creative vision for each brand, ensuring an elevated brand experience for Ralph Lauren customers.
• Coordinate project requirements with internal partners, including Store Development, Visual Merchandising, Decorative and Construction, and external suppliers, including Millworkers and General Contractors.
• Produce schematic design drawings and design development packages for new shops, renovations and refreshes.
• Manage external consultants and suppliers effectively to ensure projects are executed to RL standards.
• Review and approve construction drawings and millwork shop drawings.
• Collaborate effectively with Fixture Team on new and custom fixture designs, and to understand intended fixture usage.
• Create and issue accurate bid documents and templates.
• Adhere to established AutoCAD, drafting, project management and directory standards
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
• Degree in Architecture or similar field
• 5-7 years in retail design, similar commercial projects or high-end residential
• Good understanding of all phases of an architectural project
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple competing priorities effectively
• High proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office (Excel), Microsoft Project and SketchUp
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat X Pro, BIM360 and Smartsheet a plus
• Strong knowledge of millwork standards, details and construction
• Strong analytical skills, highly organized and detail-oriented
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal