Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Architecture & Design Senior Manager is responsible for overseeing the design and development of Ralph Lauren shop-in-shops in the EMEA Region, managing projects from schematic design to completion. Leading a small team of Architects, the Senior Manager ensures all shops are designed to elevate the brand and deliver superior customer experience. S/he collaborates with internal partners to ensure all aspects of a new project are coordinated successfully, and works closely with consultants and suppliers to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget. The ideal candidate is a good communicator, process- oriented (but able to think outside the box), a champion of best-practices and able to work in a fast-paced environment, managing a large volume of projects simultaneously.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversee the design and execution of Ralph Lauren shop-in-shops that reflect the latest creative vision for each brand, ensuring an elevated brand experience for Ralph Lauren customers.
• Champion industry best practices within the team and the division.
• Develop and implement processes to increase efficiencies and ensure projects run smoothly across the region.
• Build strong relationships and partner effectively with internal stakeholders, Store Development, Visual Merchandising, Decorative and Construction to coordinate all aspects of each project.
• Manage consultants and suppliers effectively, including Millworkers and General Contractors, to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget, and executed per RL quality standards.
• Lead team in the development of schematic design drawings and design development packages for new shops, renovations and refreshes.
• Collaborate effectively with Fixture Team on new and custom fixture designs, and to understand intended fixture usage.
• Ensure team members adhere to established AutoCAD, drafting, project management and directory standards
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
• Degree in Architecture or similar field
• 8-10 years in retail design, similar commercial projects or high-end residential
• Superior understanding of all phases of an architectural project
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple competing priorities effectively
• High proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office (Excel), Microsoft Project and SketchUp
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat X Pro, BIM360 and Smartsheet a plus
• Strong knowledge of millwork standards, details and construction
• Strong analytical skills, highly organized and detail-oriented
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal