About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
In this role, you will develop, execute and drive inclusive merchandise strategies that delight the customer while meeting or exceeding the financial goals of the business. As the commercial backbone of the product development process, you will work closely with your cross functional partners using customer insights, market data and business performance to bring great products to market that amaze and delight our customers. You will own the product-level P and L, drive results and closely monitor the health of your categories ensuring product and assortments are commercially-viable and drive profitable growth. You're 100% accountable and empowered to see things through to the end.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Develop and drive merchandise assortments that meet global, digital and regional customer needs aligned to the overall department strategy, resulting in increased earnings
- Coordinate with Design, Visual Merchandising and Production partners on product strategies and requirements to ensure customer needs are met, AUC profitability and speed to market while keeping a customer inclusivity and belonging lens
- Organize with Inventory Management on seasonal investment strategy by market to ensure big ideas and growth drivers are protected
- Identify business opportunities and risks in season through analyzing and communicating sales performance gathering marketplace information
- Coordinate samples
- Use established tools and procedures to identify, organize and categorize information
- Exchange job related information to provide routine support on an ongoing basis
- Ensure franchise merchandising and business systems are properly maintained, checked for accuracy, and changes are made in a timely manner with appropriate follow-up
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams including internal Franchise team, Global counterparts, and external Franchise accounts
- Support Market Week and seasonal buy events including selling tool creation, showroom set up, and assist with account presentations
- Support Merchants with seasonal assortment set up, customer order forms, sizing set up, order pricing
- Plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and increase efficiency; and follow through on any outstanding issues as needed
- Perform ad-hoc projects that arise to support franchise product team across merchandising and planning
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Strong strategic and analytical ability
- Driven for results with strong financial acumen
- Excellent verbal and written ability; Adept at presenting information and storytelling
- Ability to align with, collaborate and influence cross functional partners and peers
- Recognize and questions potential problems and situations
- Strong communication and relationship/team skills with a pro-active approach to responsibilities
- Strong ability to identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities
- Proficient skills in Excel and Outlook with an aptitude for learning new programs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 1-2 years Retail/Wholesale experience preferred; merch operations/customer support a plus
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Hourly Range: $21.20 - $26.50 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.