About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
Through a customer curious lens, you will collaborate with the Digital Merchandising, Marketing Production, Ecommerce Operations, Photo Studio and Sample teams to produce a best-in-class online shopping experience visited by millions of customers each day. Blending the art and science of ecommerce merchandising, you will apply in-depth technical knowledge and subject matter expertise in navigating our product-to-site pipeline and offer your cross-functional partners a strategic view point on site execution, ensuring that the category navigation experience aligns to the design intent of the product, bringing key product initiatives alive on the sight through compelling story-telling.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Drive site execution and serve as liaison between digital merchandising, website production, and marketing to bring the customer online shopping experience to life and meet or exceed the commercial plan and financial goals
- Develop and execute the vision of product site navigation and category storytelling Create seasonal navigation plans utilizing web analytics for recommendations as competitive benchmarking
- Construct, strategize, and navigate complexities of third party vendor technologies, including related product recommendations, personalized merchandising, onsite and third party search results and outfitting templates and galleries; generate reporting to measure efficacy and drive optimization
- Obtain market and competitive set intelligence to inform the business strategy by understanding customer feedback, product trends, historical data, macro environment trends
- The Director of Kids & Baby Site Merchandising will drive short-term and long-term site strategies that drives both commerce and customer engagement. Customer first mindset and data driven, this role will partner closely with Sr. Director of Adult Site Merchandising and Cross functional teams to build site experience that drives commerce while delivering on brand vision. This position reports into Vice President Site Merchandising and manages four Site Merchants.
- Create Site Merchandising strategies that brings brand vision to life while driving commerce. Use data insights, customer engagement KPIs and Brand product direction to manage a commerce driving sort & site experience
- Lead the Kids & Baby Site Merch organization with Site Merchants for Kids & Baby. Motivate and lead the team thru strategy and execution. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams while managing a team of Site Merchandising and advocate for their development
- Understand technical capabilities of our web platform, along with third party vendors we use to enhance the site experience. Ability to challenge and suggest enhancement on current capabilities in partnership with PDM and cross brand leads.
- Share Site KPIs along with meaningful follow up actions with cross functional leaders to enhance business on weekly basis. Analyze data set and turn them into clear actions.
- Review website daily to ensure proper functionality of categories and styles while navigating the experience through the lens of the customer. Proactively seek market knowledge through exposure to competitive websites and make recommendations based on learnings.
- Owner of enabling site tactics to drive in-season business; backorder capabilities, pack & hold, and image & copy report out.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Passionate about the customer, our product and the online shopping experience
- Ability to execute detail oriented work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication and influencing skills; compelling, persuasive storyteller
- Collaborative and team oriented; able to bring teams together and facilitate productive, databased decisions
- Strong computer skills in MS Office; able to quickly acquire skills in new computer systems
- 8+ years of merchandising or digital/ecommerce experience and site merchandising
- Ability to lead the team that consists of multiple levels and functions while operating in highly matrixed organization. Ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with cross-functional partner
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data to assess the business and drive decisions, while using the data to influence other business partners
- Possess customer-centric mindset. Adaptable to diverse audiences, environments, and situations
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong process orientation and ability to understand system dependencies is a must - Self-starter and highly motivated, capable of balancing multiple priorities working in a fast-pace environment.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $152,500 - $202,000 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.